• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pannala Round 4- Speed C'ship

virensti

People Don't forget to keep the weekend free, 2 weeks more and its back at pannala for the final round for this years Speed Championship. Hopefully there'll be alot of entries for the popular events and it'll be an interesting final round :)

Assuming DD's X was not "well" for sigiriya and hope it'll be back for pannala. DD's hunting ground :)

Also hope Janaka Dias too will be running.

And Darin :) I'm sure he's out for blood after his car gave trouble in Katu!

Hmm DDs X is doing absolutely well rolleyes.gif Sure he will continue running the VIII. I shouldnt be spilling more beanstongue.gif

MINIACE

hmm....sounds like he has flogged X off then :rolleyes:

if he had done it...good riddance i'd say :)

But from what i could see, pasindu's eveo 9 seems to be putting out a lot more power down. i could only watch race one over the weekend cos that thankfully happened during half time of the rugby world cup. In that race, the evo 9 just took off like a rocket and from there on, DD had little chance of catching him up. Even in Katu Pasindu's car and Janaka's car were performing really well. Not to take anything out of the drivers, i think all drove beautifully but it seems that some cars doing far better than others.

Beans Ace yeah? let may take a wild guess just for kicks :D

maybe DD will run the 8 and drop either a 9 or X powerplant to it. from what i hear, the X body is a lot heavier although electronics are far more adavanced than previoud gens.

A good combo might be a newer powerplant on an older body :D

Wonder if Darin is running

hmm....sounds like he has flogged X off then :rolleyes:

if he had done it...good riddance i'd say :)

But from what i could see, pasindu's eveo 9 seems to be putting out a lot more power down. i could only watch race one over the weekend cos that thankfully happened during half time of the rugby world cup. In that race, the evo 9 just took off like a rocket and from there on, DD had little chance of catching him up. Even in Katu Pasindu's car and Janaka's car were performing really well. Not to take anything out of the drivers, i think all drove beautifully but it seems that some cars doing far better than others.

Beans Ace yeah? let may take a wild guess just for kicks :D

maybe DD will run the 8 and drop either a 9 or X powerplant to it. from what i hear, the X body is a lot heavier although electronics are far more adavanced than previoud gens.

A good combo might be a newer powerplant on an older body :D

Wonder if Darin is running

I thought I remember reading somewhere on the forum that DD had pulled out the 4B11 and put in a Cosworth engine in the EvoX (maybe around early this year i think). But I too am quite keenly following this story. Maybe mivec.T or grandCivic can shed some light to us curious souls. :)

Anyone who can give me a ride? I'd like to do some coverage of this.

if this event doesn't cross it's path with the rugby world cup... i too might be interested in going.

If that's the case you can come with me.

People Don't forget to keep the weekend free, 2 weeks more and its back at pannala for the final round for this years Speed Championship. Hopefully there'll be alot of entries for the popular events and it'll be an interesting final round :)

Scheduled this as night races, please reconfirm this will be day race or night race

Scheduled this as night races, please reconfirm this will be day race or night race

It'll be a day race, the round 4 was canceled due to excessive events during september, so round 5 is now round 4 and is the final round for this years speed Championship, and its not a night race.

Ah, cool scene :) I was beginning to think I wouldn't get to go.

looks like world cup second semis are on that date mate :(

you might have to take the vzr for a spin :D

Edited by Ripper

From what I heard, DD, Pasindu, Janaka, Missaka, Reyaz aren't running. :( Hopefully they'll change their minds and make this final Pannala a good one.. (Specially since its the final event for this year leaving out the drags and Colombo night race)

From what I heard, DD, Pasindu, Janaka, Missaka, Reyaz aren't running. :( Hopefully they'll change their minds and make this final Pannala a good one.. (Specially since its the final event for this year leaving out the drags and Colombo night race)

any idea why?

any idea why?

No idea mate, just heard about it, sigh sure wish someone would shed some light on this :( .. I thought people would be glad for a tarmac event specially at a super track like pannala... :unsure:

any idea why?

SL-GT Championship is already decided. Guess they think there is no use risking the expensive toys for no real benefit. I doubt the winners purse is a draw :) And they don't hand out championship trophies other than first place.

SL-GT Championship is already decided. Guess they think there is no use risking the expensive toys for no real benefit. I doubt the winners purse is a draw :) And they don't hand out championship trophies other than first place.

They might give a runners up trophy mate, thats what they did with the Formula Mclarens 1300 C'ship last year :unsure:

But yeah I guess your right, suppose the cost is just too much... Been quite a busy year for the racers..

They might give a runners up trophy mate, thats what they did with the Formula Mclarens 1300 C'ship last year :unsure:

But yeah I guess your right, suppose the cost is just too much... Been quite a busy year for the racers..

Peri is talking about the SLARDAR championship. Which was already decided at Sigiriya....So like he said probably the big boys r taking a rest

Edited by Chooti Putha