• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Radiator Type Air Coolers

maheshw

dear All,

can any one pls update me on the radiator type air coolers. here it cost around 23K. will it be worth for that money? can we compare it with a normal a/c ?

will the coolong system can give a sufficent cool for a small room. i hope to buy one but its very diffcult to find the about details on this.

if any one have a experince pls share.

Good day to all.

post-48774-099835700 1317825407_thumb.jp

this is my personal experience.

air coolers not comparable to AC in any mean.

can give transient good result if you put cool water or ice ( last for 1 - 2 hrs)

given price is toomuch, you can find a good quality and reputed brand second hand air cooler for around 4 - 7 k from, that popping out junk shops (imported used household item shops) there are many in kurunegala, negombo, colombo, kandy areas.

it is very effective in heating function if need ( there are combine heater/ cooler units)

around 12 - 15 k you can find portable AC machine from above shops.

dear All,

can any one pls update me on the radiator type air coolers. here it cost around 23K. will it be worth for that money? can we compare it with a normal a/c ?

will the coolong system can give a sufficent cool for a small room. i hope to buy one but its very diffcult to find the about details on this.

if any one have a experince pls share.

Good day to all.

'maheshw',

This type of units are existing for decades, they are not efficient as Air Conditioners what they do is water is pumped down through the small radiator this can reduce the surrounding air temperature by 2 to 3 digresses of the room temperature depending on the construction of the machine unit.Consumption of current is very little.

Member KMG had given you the result of same.

This type is available at Nippon shop at Bullers road Galle road end on left hand side last time I visited that shop there selling cost was Rs 9000.00 to 12500.00. If you want I can find out the new cost and post you reply. They had Ice tray and water tray two types.

There is another method of water coolers Misting systems, work by forcing water through pressure pump and tubing through a small mist nozzle behind high speed 2750 RPM 16 to 18 inch fan, thereby producing a micro-fine mist. The water droplets that create the mist are so small that they instantly flash evaporate. Flash evaporation can reduce the surrounding air temperature by as much as 10 digresses, they are expensive but the consumption of current much less than a A/C.They are called Cool Mist Humidifiers. I have installed large unis in Tea industry to control the humidity in tea manufacture.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

'maheshw',

This type of units are existing for decades, they are not efficient as Air Conditioners what they do is water is pumped down through the small radiator this can reduce the surrounding air temperature by 2 to 3 digresses of the room temperature depending on the construction of the machine unit.Consumption of current is very little.

Member KMG had given you the result of same.

This type is available at Nippon shop at Bullers road Galle road end on left hand side last time I visited that shop there selling cost was Rs 9000.00 to 12500.00. If you want I can find out the new cost and post you reply. They had Ice tray and water tray two types.

There is another method of water coolers Misting systems, work by forcing water through pressure pump and tubing through a small mist nozzle behind high speed 2750 RPM 16 to 18 inch fan, thereby producing a micro-fine mist. The water droplets that create the mist are so small that they instantly flash evaporate. Flash evaporation can reduce the surrounding air temperature by as much as 10 digresses, they are expensive but the consumption of current much less than a A/C.They are called Cool Mist Humidifiers. I have installed large unis in Tea industry to control the humidity in tea manufacture.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,KMG & schiffer,

thanks for sharing your knwledge & experince with me.

have a good day to all......

Edited by maheshw