• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me To Buy A Honda Civic

Edward

Dear Friends,

I have been using Nissans & Toyatas for the last 15 years, now I like to go for a Honda civic. I would like to go for a ES1, ES5 or ES8. 2003/ 2004 models. It must be an automatic car. Please advice what is the major differance in these cars, which one has a high re sale value & good in pertrol consumption. I believe all these are with Vtec engines. Also please advice what is the market price of these cars. I hope the maintanance will be the same for all these cars.

Basic differences are as follows (These are discussed extensivly in some other threads. Please use search engine)

ES 1 - Japaneese domestic model. 1.5 Lt . DOHC machine ,EPS, Mostly fabric interior. Front grill is not same as ES 5 and ES 8 in face lifted versions(after end of 2003).

ES 5 - Exported to Singapore in south east region basically. 1.6 Lt, Hydrolic power steering, VTi machine, Leather interior(Artificial). Fender strip right around door panels.

ES 8 - Sri Lanka brand new version, 1.5 Lt, DOHC machine. Outer appearence is same as ES5 .

Better if you could buy a ES5 because Steering rack will last more than other two models with out giving rattling noise due to hydrolic machanism and good overall performance.(Face lifted version is the best)

Price varies from 2.7 million- 3.4 million.

Basic differences are as follows (These are discussed extensivly in some other threads. Please use search engine)

ES 1 - Japaneese domestic model. 1.5 Lt . DOHC machine ,EPS, Mostly fabric interior. Front grill is not same as ES 5 and ES 8 in face lifted versions(after end of 2003).

ES 5 - Exported to Singapore in south east region basically. 1.6 Lt, Hydrolic power steering, VTi machine, Leather interior(Artificial). Fender strip right around door panels.

ES 8 - Sri Lanka brand new version, 1.5 Lt, DOHC machine. Outer appearence is same as ES5 .

Better if you could buy a ES5 because Steering rack will last more than other two models with out giving rattling noise due to hydrolic machanism and good overall performance.(Face lifted version is the best)

You really shouldnt comment on things without getting your facts straight dude... The ES8's which came brand new to SL also came with Hydraulic power steering. Only the JDM cars have EPS.

You really shouldnt comment on things without getting your facts straight dude... The ES8's which came brand new to SL also came with Hydraulic power steering. Only the JDM cars have EPS.

I am sorry. It's my bad bro.

• 11 months later...

\Correction- SOHC