• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Car In Sri-Lanka

deshan_silva

hey guys,

I'm currently living in Australia. although i was born in srilanka i left when i was 4 and only visited srilanka on holidays. however my parents and i are coming down for a 3 month holiday and are thinking of buying a car rather than renting. since renting costs a lot these days and when we leave we can just use the car as a rental or something.

So what are some good cars i can purchase there?

it should be something like a nissan pulsar or mazda 3. i know in srilanka they are known as nissan sunny and mazda familia or someshit. so could you give me what sort of price i can expect to pay? and any other cars you guys may have in mind. it should be >2008. price is not a major factor.

Also, just for my information, how much are the rare cars in srilanka? ie. Nissan GT-R, ferrari 458,430,360 etc, porsche, lamborghini etc..

thanks!

hey guys,

I'm currently living in Australia. although i was born in srilanka i left when i was 4 and only visited srilanka on holidays. however my parents and i are coming down for a 3 month holiday and are thinking of buying a car rather than renting. since renting costs a lot these days and when we leave we can just use the car as a rental or something.

it should be something like a nissan pulsar or mazda 3. i know in srilanka they are known as nissan sunny and mazda familia or someshit. so could you give me what sort of price i can expect to pay? and any other cars you guys may have in mind. it should be >2008. price is not a major factor.

Also, just for my information, how much are the rare cars in srilanka? ie. Nissan GT-R, ferrari 458,430,360 etc, porsche, lamborghini etc..

thanks!

Buy Toyota Axio 2008 for

4.0M to 5.0M

Though current trend also seems like Prius, Insight Hybrids in SL

There are GT-R, Poesche here now.

Nissan Pulsar - This is badged as Sunny in SL market. There`s mainly Jap imports as well as brand new imports available (some Singapore imports as well).

Mazda 3 - Mazda Axela.

Expect to pay anywhere between $22k-$30k for a 2008+ car. There`s a number of engine/spec variations as well with these, someone with better knowledge might provide more info.

If i were you, I would fix a budget first and then look for a car/particular model. If you want to re-sell quickly or rent, better to go for something with a Toyota badge. It`s a different market over there.

As for the price of Exotics, find the price in Aus and then multiply by about 2.5 :) Different tax structure, different car prices.

hey guys,

thanks!

don't get this the wrong way fella but just in curiosity how old are you?.