• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Old Dodge/plymouth Cars In Sl

67Dodge

nice car that.... was it a v6 or v8? ....

i think it was an inline six but he swapped with a Nissan engine due to parts unavailability. this was at least 15 years ago though. i love American muscle i use to have a 1978 Corvette but i had to fund my university expenses.

Hi guys, i heard of a possible old Dodge or plymouth car knocking around in the negombo area.... im trying to locate this car if possible... do any of you fellows know of this?

any news of any other Dodge/Plymouths in Sl is also welcome !!

Kevin

I too have seen this particular vehicle, Couldn't make out what model/make it was.. I was a black car, quite massive, huge hood and rear boot.. Had chrome bumpers and with 'newer crappy wheels' the bodywork was a bit shabby and the same with the paint job.. Needed work..

I'm sure if you stroll along the colombo road a few times you might see it.. Good luck

I too have seen this particular vehicle, Couldn't make out what model/make it was.. I was a black car, quite massive, huge hood and rear boot.. Had chrome bumpers and with 'newer crappy wheels' the bodywork was a bit shabby and the same with the paint job.. Needed work..

I'm sure if you stroll along the colombo road a few times you might see it.. Good luck

I am currently restoring a 1954 Dodge Kingsway. Its almost complete and should be on the roads by next week. Hopefully.

• Like 1

Yeah, its actually a Holden Statesman, based on the Cadillac DeVille I believe.

'esdeez',

There were 50 or more holden Statesmen cars were gifted to Srilanka for Summit conference in 1966.

You are referring to them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'esdeez',

There were 50 or more holden Statesmen cars were gifted to Srilanka for Summit conference in 1966.

You are referring to them.Web picture on the following page.

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/1976-Holden-Statesman-Pictures-c16695

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'esdeez',

You are referring to them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mate I think thats August 1976 ,the 5th conference of Heads of State or Government of the Non-Aligned Countries held BMICH and not 1966. Most of 504 Ls and 404s were purchased for that. Registration range 6 Sri 9XXX up. Statesmens and few Merc 280s were assigned for heads of state and VVIPs.

MINIACE

Would be an interesting project, a good muscle car platform, endless possibilities!

Nice info guys...

bit of info on my handle "67Dodge" ... its a combi of two projects im merging together, a custom (i mean, OverHauling style custom!)67' willys with a 77' dodge ramcharger pickup 5.2ltr V8 engine in it...

im perticularly interested in this elusive negombo dodge cuz im restoring my engine, & while it would be hella cool in the willys, it would be awesome to have a dodge muscle car with a original dodge engine in it....

PS: i travel up n down to katunayake everyday to work frm CMB n i havnt yet seen this vehicle... i really want to find this car n see the state it is in...

Keep the info comin guys!

Edited by 67Dodge

@ tiv, where abouts did you see this car ? im trying to narrow down the possible area..

Thanks,

Kevin

It was near the hospital, near a funeral parlour parked onto your left if you are heading towards colombo, First I thought it was a hearse, later on I slowed down to take a look at it; couldn't make out what it exactly was as I mentioned before. I have also seen it in the town once strolling around near the clock tower. Its quite a big rig, he had issues going around the clock tower..

• Like 1

Nice info guys...

bit of info on my handle "67Dodge" ... its a combi of two projects im merging together, a custom (i mean, OverHauling style custom!)67' willys with a 77' dodge ramcharger pickup 5.2ltr V8 engine in it...

im perticularly interested in this elusive negombo dodge cuz im restoring my engine, & while it would be hella cool in the willys, it would be awesome to have a dodge muscle car with a original dodge engine in it....

PS: i travel up n down to katunayake everyday to work frm CMB n i havnt yet seen this vehicle... i really want to find this car n see the state it is in...

btw, save me the "rich kid" stereotype, cuz im not, i just work hard to get what i got...

Keep the info comin guys!

Kevin

same hear man, i work 6 days a week and about 8-12 hours per day. don't save! 10% goes to charity rest goes to cars and bikes.

• 1 year later...

sorry to bump this old thread but anyone ever found out what this old dodge car was? I think i saw the exact same the car you guys are talking about near Maj city, couldnt see the exact model but it had tail lights similar to that of a 68 charger. Surely it cant be a charger, too good to be true!!

Edited by ABR