• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Delay Start

Irsh

Hi...

I have Chevy Cruze which starts with a small Delay.

Initially I thought it is the battery but it isn't.

Best part is when I start and stop after some time & start again there is no delay.

There is no problem with starter moter either.

Finally I fully cleaned the Throttle Body also.

Then it was fine ,for few days but issue still remains.

Please let me know do I have to do a system reset after the Throttle Body cleaning.

How can I overcome this issue.

Thanks.

Hi...

Best part is when I start and stop after some time & start again there is no delay.

Please let me know do I have to do a system reset after the Throttle Body cleaning.

Thanks.

Same Prob and same vehicle here!!! but i ddint care much as it doesnt bother me alot..

Any experts can express on this?? :unsure:

Hi...

Thanks.

"Initially I thought it is the battery but it isn't."

How exactly did you verify that it isnt the batteries ?

From the symptoms it most probably is an issue with your batteries, either they cant hold charge for long periods or some short or some other equipment is draining them.

The reason im saying this is that if there isn't an issue with your batteries this wouldn't happen "Best part is when I start and stop after some time & start again there is no delay."

See when the battery is left for some time it drains but when you leave the car on for sometime and stop and start again the batteries don't have enough time to drain the charge so the car starts without any hassles.

Get your battery checked from a battery workshop and also check you electrical systems for a short.

Edited by The Stig

what do you mean by delay? is it just engine is turning and wont start till few revolutions than usual?

for a car to start you need Air, Fuel, Compression and Spark. if you have any of them week it will struggle to start. check your fuel pressure and see its within factory specification.

next time you start let the car prime. in other words when you turn the ignition to the ON position you will hear the fuel pump running stay till that running noise and then try starting it. if it starts much better it will be a clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump.

check the air filter and plugs to.

• Like 1