• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Sound System

prana

i am planning to buy a sound system to my home home thater or hi fi sony set.one of my friend said sony home theater 1000w is best like that.

plese advise me regarding this.

maybe your friend had only seen on heard of that system.

There are plenty non mainstream brands too that give great quality at a premium.

really depends on your budget imho. Wont it be best that you decide how much you wanna spend on this and then look around for something that fits that?

High end audio systems form a very large set of models and brands... your query is too wide to give an accurate answer.

for example we got a bose system in our office that performs really great. Another friend of mine use a harmonkardon system etc... All depend on what you want and how much you're willing to spend

maybe your friend had only seen on heard of that system.

There are plenty non mainstream brands too that give great quality at a premium.

really depends on your budget imho. Wont it be best that you decide how much you wanna spend on this and then look around for something that fits that?

High end audio systems form a very large set of models and brands... your query is too wide to give an accurate answer.

for example we got a bose system in our office that performs really great. Another friend of mine use a harmonkardon system etc... All depend on what you want and how much you're willing to spend

MY BUDGET IS RS.80,000/-

Okay couple of things,

you posted this in the general automotive section, it should have gone into "the lounge"

What exactly is the purpose of this purchase ? is it solely for the purpose of a home theater or do you have other intentions like using it as a normal radio, playing cassettes etc ?

Sony has plenty of 1000W systems, do you have a specific number ?

Since i used to work for Siedles (the agents for Sony and Bose) i know the market prices so i have to tell you that you are not in the budget range to to go for a high end system like Bose or Harmonkardon 5.1, but you can get a high end sony system for that money.

If you want to use this unit only as to watch movies on a tv and for the usage of gaming, music i suggest that you go for a 5.1 or 7.1 system. Sony hi-fi setups have good sound reproduction but they are large and placing them in a way that recreates a 5.1 experience isnt easy with the limited length of the cables that you get and the sheer weight and size of the units.

And another thing when buying sets sellers will try to convince you that the sets with the highest Wattage is best, this is not the case. Always listen to it at the max possible volume to notice any distortions in the sound. Also dont buy a set with just cause it has a higher W P.M.P.O rating, its just a exaggerated and inaccurate unit of measurement. Look for the VRMS rating on the back of each speaker VRMS is a much accurate unit of measurement.

• Like 2

if you admire quality of sound over the size and the options of the unit, go for a BOSE mini sound system lie the "Wave" Or a Nakamichi Soundspace1 (i remeber this was arround 85,000).

By the way, if you are ok with buying a used one, I have seen several used Bose systems in wOw.lk

Also, the Creative GIgaworks 5.1 system is very good

If you want a gigantic monster with lots of LEDs flashing arround with options like who knows what, visit the nearest singer Mega. :)

Go for a drive north of Negombo and drop inside any of those junk shops. I picked up a Harmon/Kardon DTS Amp/Tuner, a 5 CD Changer and a pair of JBLs for less than 30 grand. Recently I sold the JBLS for a profit and upgraded to a pair of Bose 301s. Serves my requirement. Not the loudest system, but the best sound for the money you pay.

• Like 1

You are looking at either a Bose system or a Yamaha 5.1 system with satellite speakers & sub. The latter might be a better option as you can always change the speakers later on while keeping the amp. And it is a AV Receiver so you would get more bang for your buck. Yamaha don't make the best speakers, but they are decent enough to get the job done. Their amps on the other hand are really good.

Stay away from HiFi systems like the plague. Getting a system that is purpose built is far better.

Ahhh how I miss my system :music-smiley-023:

Edited by Gyiman

Go for a drive north of Negombo and drop inside any of those junk shops. I picked up a Harmon/Kardon DTS Amp/Tuner, a 5 CD Changer and a pair of JBLs for less than 30 grand. Recently I sold the JBLS for a profit and upgraded to a pair of Bose 301s. Serves my requirement. Not the loudest system, but the best sound for the money you pay.

Sir, can you give me directions to this place? I need to source a Sub. Bought a Bose 301 for front and Jamo for the rear.. :)

Sir, can you give me directions to this place? I need to source a Sub. Bought a Bose 301 for front and Jamo for the rear.. :)

You should try to get the same range/models of speakers to get tonal matching.

You should try to get the same range/models of speakers to get tonal matching.

as long as you get your soundstage right... being different brands doesn't really matter. If you wanna go all super pro and high end audiophile easiest is to get a singular system. If you know your stuff it's not too difficult to setup your own config.

Loads of forums online with tons of info on how to do this,

I'm taking a crash course myself to try and fix the soundstage in my truck :D

complicated stuff though.... interesting but complicated stuff.

ROFLMAO!!! As if your Macintosh needs anything else... :) What about the Jamo SG had for sale? When I got the 301s noticed that the bass is lacking a bit. But then played around with the placements and managed to create a sweet spot. Check the Sunday papers a week or two back, someone was selling a Mordaunt Short Sub. Too steep in price for me at the moment.