• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Liana - Jerk While Accelarating

Quixtar77

Question

Hi, I drive a Suzuki Liana. I had the car parked for 2 weeks while I went on an office trip. Now when I accelerate fast the car is giving a jerking motion, issue is not there if I accelerate very slowly. I took the car to Auto Mirage and they want 7400 for engine tune up and 2600 for replacing spark plugs. Manager also told me that Coil might need replacement and quoted 24000 from back of his head. I am not an expert. Can someone please tell me how I should go about it without burning my wallet. Thanks.

3 answers to this question

for how long you haven't changed your spark plugs? i would change the spark plugs if it due for it.

if the problem continues you have to see a spark leak either from the wires or the coil it self.

i can give you a better answer if i know this: do u have just one coil or you have a coil for each cylinder? do you have a check engine light on?

hi blkr6, you were spot on, i took the car to the garage - rthey changed spark plugs, air filter, engine coils (2 coils - recon - 17,000) and engine tune up. total cost was lkr 24,000. dont know if they ripped me off as i thought coils would cost me 10,000 for 2. turns out suzuki liana coils are hard to find. but the car now runs perfect, drive is better than what it used to be before the start of the problem. tks for your help.