• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Steering Rack/tie Rod Issue

GKWKK

Question

Dear Members

I'm having a issue with my vehicle steering rack/Tie rod. Recently I did a wheel allignment, unfortunately I can't turn steering weel as I turn to the right side (Vehicle can turn to right side al most 90' degrees but left turn is onle 45-50 degrees). A mechanic told me that this vehicle is having a steering rack of nissan FB13 so it is not suitable for toyota corolla. What I can do to get this issue sorted. Can this fixed by changing tie rods or Power steering rack? If I change power toyota Corolla EE90 steering rack (reconditioned) How much does it cost?

Please advice.

1 answer to this question

Hello GKWKK,

yes me too can guess its in a problem with your power stering rack. its this happen recently? or did you chnage your excisitng rack? it's adviceble to go for the stock parts when replacing for repeairs. if you keep this any more this will efect to other steering wheel equipments too. better to go for a reconditiond one. am not sure about the prices but i guess with the 2 rack ends, greese, rubber boots, new alignment & mechanic charges all will will get charge aroound 20k.

Thanks....