• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hard To Start When I Stop The Engine

GKWKK

Question

Recently i'm having a problem with my vehicle EE90 (1300 Carb model) it's not starting at all if I stop the vehicle after running few kilometers. Can't start without a push. I got the battery also checked but no issues with that.

Also I have noticed that I need to accelarate hard to move the vehicle compared to earlier occasions. Seems to be a engine missfire? What Can I do to fix this issue? Can this be a petrol filter or spark plug issue (But Changed plugs before 2 Months ago.)

Thank you

8 answers to this question

My father had some what similar problem in same car (is this DX wagon). Also if he countinously drive around 2K rpm and take foot off the accelerator pedal, engine shut off suddenly.

The problem was loosened pipe that connected to carburator. I'm not sure what exactly but its kind of fuel line connected to carburator. Not the main line but some sort of extra line...

My father had some what similar problem in same car (is this DX wagon). Also if he countinously drive around 2K rpm and take foot off the accelerator pedal, engine shut off suddenly.

The problem was loosened pipe that connected to carburator. I'm not sure what exactly but its kind of fuel line connected to carburator. Not the main line but some sort of extra line...

must be a vacuum line mate

Thanks for all comments

Starter Motor is in good condition, This problem crop ups when I resart the vehicle after parking (After 30-40 Min drive). I have no idea about the petrol filter replacement date as I bought this car 7 months ago.

Can this be due to worn carbrator needle ? or something I can remember one mechanic adviced me to replace the Carb needle but still i could not find this around panchikawatta area too.

i don't think worn carburetor needles can cause this problem as others mentioned check you carburetor

btw how many km you run after you buy your car? if you take your foot off the accelerator is the car is suddenly engine is stopping? and how is your air filter.

I have done aprox 600km after buying this car, Air filter is not bad when i checked at the service station 1month ago. No such sudden engine stoping when I take foot from the accelarator. But as I said it's really dificult to start after running few km since last week. Also I've noticed vissible smoke too during these days..

Edited by GKWKK