• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Airbag Indicator On

JayZ

Question

Dear experts,

Recently i had to remove the steering wheel of my car (with the airbag) to service the AC cooler.

After the fix airbag indicator is On permanently. Does this happen since the airbag has been removed and re fixed ? Do i have to reset this light ?

2 answers to this question

did you dissconnect the battery when you took the steering wheel off?

with any airbag fault it is best to have the SRS fault codes read, cleared then re-read if the fault code is with the airbag then, remove the multiplug to it and check for possible damage to the pins on both the air bag and the multiplug that could of been caused by it being plugged in at a slight angle. if you removed the whole steering wheel with the airbag still attached then check the multiplug to the clock spring.

Did you mark the position of the clock spring apon removal and then ensure it was in the same position when you re-fitted the wheel?

if not and the fault codes indicates airbag fault then this is more than likely your problem.

a clock spring only has a certain amount of revolutions each way, with the wheel on its very easy to turn it too far and break it without realising. if this is the case then you will need a new clock spring but before spending money on it i would check it for continuity with a multimeter (with airbag and battery dissconected as you dont want to trigger it!)

did you dissconnect the battery when you took the steering wheel off?

with any airbag fault it is best to have the SRS fault codes read, cleared then re-read if the fault code is with the airbag then, remove the multiplug to it and check for possible damage to the pins on both the air bag and the multiplug that could of been caused by it being plugged in at a slight angle. if you removed the whole steering wheel with the airbag still attached then check the multiplug to the clock spring.

Did you mark the position of the clock spring apon removal and then ensure it was in the same position when you re-fitted the wheel?

if not and the fault codes indicates airbag fault then this is more than likely your problem.

a clock spring only has a certain amount of revolutions each way, with the wheel on its very easy to turn it too far and break it without realising. if this is the case then you will need a new clock spring but before spending money on it i would check it for continuity with a multimeter (with airbag and battery dissconected as you dont want to trigger it!)

Thanks fonfe for the valuable info,

I got it checked with a scanner and he said its due to the loose connection in the connector. Going to get it checked again from the place where i removed it from. :)