• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Solution For Engine Oil Leak In To Sparkplugs

GKWKK

Recently I got my spark plug checked & mechanic said that 02 spark pluges were effected with engine oil leak. Therefore he replaced those 02 plugs with Shorter thread NGK plugs instead loger thread plugs. Will this solve my problem ? or is thre any other issue with this move.

If I repair my engine with new rings set How much does it cost, Mechanic told me that only his charge about 14K (Inaddition to that he wanted Gasket set also).

Does any one knows a place to find a Carb needle in colombo area (I need a EE90 Carbrator neelde it is not supplied with carbrator repair kit also. :sleeping-smiley-008: )

Thank you

He has done this because your piston rings are worn so you are getting oil on your spark plugs?

If I have understood you right and he’s changed the plugs for either of those reasons then no it will not solve any problem at all.

If it’s a leak from above a shorter threaded spark plug will still be the same height once it’s in the cylinder head and if it’s worn piston rings the oil is still going to get on it as the piston compresses all that’s in the cylinder to the top...

+ using shorter threaded plugs in a cylinder head designed to have longer ones will mean that the electrode on the tip of the spark plug isn’t in the right position of the combustion chamber....its halfway up the threaded hole in the cylinder head!

This will cause you to have a larger surface area in the combustion chamber which means you’ve just lowered the compression ratio by a fair bit,

Aka lost power from your engine not to mention it’s been done on just 2 cylinders so the burn cycle from 2 will not match the other 2.

Find a new mechanic.....one who knows what they are doing and not just bodging your car.