• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Which Vehicle To Buy

Magnum

8 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Nissan Navara
    • Mitsubishi Montero Sport

one of my friend has decided to buy a new vehicle

he has decided to buy either a Nissan Navara(UK import)or a Mitusibishi Montero Sport(for permit)

by considering the following could you guys tell me which is a better vehicle?

1. Performance

2. Comfort

3. Durability

4. Features/options

5. Value for money

6. Fuel Economy

7. Interior quality

8. Interior space (eg: front/rear legroom)

and according to Wikipedia Navara comes with two 2.5L engines("2.5LYD25DDTi High Power" and "2.5LYD25DDTi Mid Power Commonrail"),which engine is commonly found in the Navaras imported to SL?

and does Montero Sport come with a diesel turbo variant for permit?

Edited by Magnum

Any specific reason?

I rate Montero sport ahead in all 8 listed..really unsure about durability so both score equal there I guess.Navara fuel consumption is slightly better than Montero I suspect, Need to find out more on this.

PS: I drive both

MINIACE

I rate Montero sport ahead in all 8 listed..really unsure about durability so both score equal there I guess.Navara fuel consumption is slightly better than Montero I suspect, Need to find out more on this.

MINIACE

MINIACE

how about the spare parts?

and does the montero sport bought for permit come with all the option as the one bought without a permit?

the montero sport is better than the navara... and there is a whole lot of options you dont get for the permit version but its basically the same the same vehicle minus the options..

i doubt spare parts would be an issue.. as there are already guys bringing down spares and accessories for the motero sport... seen many ads on hitads..

p.s. if it was my choice i would gofor the fully loaded sorento on the permit.. most value for money..

the montero sport is better than the navara... and there is a whole lot of options you dont get for the permit version but its basically the same the same vehicle minus the options..

i doubt spare parts would be an issue.. as there are already guys bringing down spares and accessories for the motero sport... seen many ads on hitads..

p.s. if it was my choice i would go for the fully loaded sorento on the permit.. most value for money..

what are the options that you dont get in the permit version of montero sport?

The Sorento also looks good, do they offer the diesel version for permit and how much will it cost?

Edited by Magnum

There is a fundamental difference in this comparison, the Navara is a double cab and the sport is a station wagon. And one is used and the other brand new.

Its obvious that the sport is the better option out of the two. Plus the sport is a newer model and will retain some resale value Vs the Navara.

Btw how much is the new montero sport for the permit ?

how about the spare parts?

and does the montero sport bought for permit come with all the option as the one bought without a permit?

There was an issue a few years ago regarding the spares. Now you get plenty ex-stock with agents and Panchikawatte vendors.

Heard new Montero Sports are assembled elsewhere and not in Japan. Philippines and Bangladesh. somebody please verify this.

MINIACE

There is a fundamental difference in this comparison, the Navara is a double cab and the sport is a station wagon. And one is used and the other brand new.

Its obvious that the sport is the better option out of the two. Plus the sport is a newer model and will retain some resale value Vs the Navara.

Btw how much is the new montero sport for the permit ?

5.4Mil according to this thread, got to check again with the agents, will be visiting colombo in the coming weeks :)

There was an issue a few years ago regarding the spares. Now you get plenty ex-stock with agents and Panchikawatte vendors.

Heard new Montero Sports are assembled elsewhere and not in Japan. Philippines and Bangladesh. somebody please verify this.

MINIACE

its assembled in Thailand, correct me if i'm wrong