• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel Convert Kr42

Dinesh1987

Hi Guys,

i am planning on converting my KR42 to Diesel. (Automatic)

Which engine should i buy?

3C

3C-E

3C-T

3C-TE

i like the 3C-TE coz one my friends converted using it and the van behaves almost-like a the petrol.

also have a friend who converted with a 3C and its not as responsive as the 3C-TE. I live in kandy so

What do you guys think?

3c-te is the quietest, most refined and most economical of the lot. people don't usually touch this engine because its semi electronic and because of that there's a shortage availability and parts. so its difficult to find ultra low mileage engines. also most people will somewhat hesitate to buy a vehicle with this engine for obvious reasons. its a bit more complex a conversion too because you'll need the ecu, dashboard and engine harnesses and instrument panel for a successful conversion, and the full 3c-te exhaust to get the full performance. not to mention the scooped bonnet that usually goes for about 45k. because you are running a k engine at the moment you'll need a new gearbox and ideally you should get new diffs too. I found the entire kit once for 550k which included a myriad of parts including the bonnet (though i managed to buy one for 28k at another shop).

All in all an expensive and a difficult conversion if you don't get all the parts from one place in one go. but if i were you i'd do it anyway and use the vehicle for a several years.

anyhow if you want to play it safe you can always go for the 3c-t. you can find a nice clean low mileage engine with some effort and parts are readily available. compared to the 3c-te this one doesnt need upgrades that stretch into the cabin. and a good electrician can easily wire up the engine. it will still keep up with 3c-te cos its only 3 bhp and 10 Nm shorter. This conversion kit would retail at around 350k for a 2wd and close to 400k for a 4wd (with diffs and gearboxes)

don't forget the 3c-t radiator. you'll definitely need one for uphill driving. it will come bundled if you are buying a kit