• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Regarding Revenue License Issue... I Have Only 5 Days :(

venomafiax

Don't wanna tansfer it now! So what docs do u need to show prior to obtaining my new revenue license?

Well you dont have to transfer it... its just the Road tax and they will accept it no matter whose name the vehicle is in, Mine is under the 1st owners name and im the 3rd Owner and it still hasnt been transfered although the insurance is under my name, shouldn't be a problem. :sport-smiley-003:

Anyway the documents you need to Carry is

1) The previous years vehcicle revenue license

2) Insurance

3) vehicle registration book

- now heres the tricky part if your vehicle was registered before 2010 you would have been given a blue colour book along with a Vehicle registration ID (this is a piece of paper that looks like a Fax print) its very important to take the Vehicle Registration ID along with the book.

But if it was registered after 2010 the book issued is a red colour book and there was no Vehicle ID given so you will only have to take the Red Book along.

You dont have to speak when you get there, get to the counter hand over the Revenue license, insurance and Book with ID(if registered before 2010) and shell just print a piece of paper, sign and your done. :sport-smiley-004:

Ok guys finally after a long day of travelling i spent the whole Tuesday travelling... The 1919 call center is hopeless and doesnt help at all, they just take you for a ride and give you another number of a Place in that city... I rang 1919 to find out where i had to go in order to get the revenue license and he said Kurunegala.

So i went to Kurunegala and it seems in the North Western Province there are several sub divisions and mine was not at Kurunegala... So the lady at the counter asked me to go to Kuliyapitiya and UduBaddawa (she wasnt sure either ) ...

Ive never travelled to these places so i was fairly lost... and by the time i got to Kuliyapitiya it was 2.40pm in the afternoon and then... the lady there tells me... ** Sir wrong place you cant get it done here you have to go to the divisional secretariat in Udubaddawa and the office closes in 20 Mins... and she ****ing pissed me off... So i had to run in time to get there and finally got the revenue license...

I went down to the police station to get my license today and had to speak to the OIC traffic .... the guy asked several questions to measure me up (whats the ride, wheres the job?, is the vehicle on lease or did you pay cash etc etc.... ) and after i lied to all those questions he was like..... normally we have to go to courts and the fine is around 5000 rupees... just keep 1500 Rupees on my table... its the lawyers fees....(nice try traffic OIC guy).... i negotiated it to 1000 Bucks for we all know clearly that its not the Lawyers fees.. :sport-smiley-004: Paid it and i now have my license...

The Law sucks. :sad-smiley-066:

The End

Proud to be a Sri Lankan! :speechless-smiley-019:

Well you dont have to transfer it... its just the Road tax and they will accept it no matter whose name the vehicle is in, Mine is under the 1st owners name and im the 3rd Owner and it still hasnt been transfered although the insurance is under my name, shouldn't be a problem. :sport-smiley-003:

Anyway the documents you need to Carry is

1) The previous years vehcicle revenue license

2) Insurance

3) vehicle registration book

4) Emission test report

- now heres the tricky part if your vehicle was registered before 2010 you would have been given a blue colour book along with a Vehicle registration ID (this is a piece of paper that looks like a Fax print) its very important to take the Vehicle Registration ID along with the book.

But if it was registered after 2010 the book issued is a red colour book and there was no Vehicle ID given so you will only have to take the Red Book along.

You dont have to speak when you get there, get to the counter hand over the Revenue license, Emission test report, insurance and Book with ID(if registered before 2010) and shell just print a piece of paper, sign and your done. :sport-smiley-004:

Dont forget the Emission test report

Why not the ECO test report??

MINIACE

oops my bad... I edited it now :D

Proud to be a Sri Lankan! :speechless-smiley-019:

Naaaa Not so proud... that night i got stopped by 2 cops actually... managed to Bribe the first fellow but the second guy a few meters away from my house was acting all tough... even after i told him i bribed the first guy at Borella lol! :sport-smiley-004:

Dont forget the Emission test report

oops my bad... I edited it now :D

Naaaa Not so proud... that night i got stopped by 2 cops actually... managed to Bribe the first fellow but the second guy a few meters away from my house was acting all tough... even after i told him i bribed the first guy at Borella lol! :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks Guys... Very Helpful!! Greatly appreciated!!!!!!!