• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 86 Launched

JadeyBlitzen

I read somewhere the Subaru BR-Z would have a more powerful engine pushing about 280 BHP equipped with AWD, the Toyota puts out 200bhp with RWD.

So the Subaru will be turbo charged, while the toyota will not ? Anyway 280 seems too small for the sti version, my guess is it will be more powerful when it comes out.

• 1 month later...

What do u think about the below comment "Tada-san favours the supercharger approach because it is simpler to achieve than increasing engine size and doesn’t wreck throttle response as turbocharging might. Indeed Toyota says that turbocharging along with four-wheel drive and wide tyres are what make sports cars boring to drive."

Supercharging will reduce the turbo lag, but extra effort taken by the engine to drive the supercharger, so its good for big engines like V6 GTR etc.. Supercharging a 2 ltr car may not be effective ( my guess only) and its better to run the turbo it with free exhaust air...

What do u think about the below comment "Tada-san favours the supercharger approach because it is simpler to achieve than increasing engine size and doesn’t wreck throttle response as turbocharging might. Indeed Toyota says that turbocharging along with four-wheel drive and wide tyres are what make sports cars boring to drive."

Supercharging uses more fuel, which is why its no good on those boring cars that A-to-B drivers want.

I read somewhere the Subaru BR-Z would have a more powerful engine pushing about 280 BHP equipped with AWD, the Toyota puts out 200bhp with RWD.

i would love the scooby to be AWD. but i read the opposite to this on the top gear website. its a "Boxer Rear-wheel-drive Zenith" and they plan to keep it that way. believe me madmax i would love to be wrong on this! hope springs eternal, as they said on the thin blue line!

Just got back from the North American International Autoshow in Detroit where both the GT-86 and the BR-Z made it's debut in for the North American market. Both the Subaru, and Toyota will be identical cars except for minor cosmetic details. No AWD or power upgrade on the Subaru as speculated. According to the folks at Subaru, this is there entry into RWD sports car market.

Edited by madmax

• 2 years later...