• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Diesel/exhaust Smell

Magnum

well... a warning light comes on with the check engine light.. both will turn on together...thats the time where u need to use the switch, as per the Toyota Company's instructions, the vehice should be parked when the clearing process is taking place, it takes roughly about 15-20minutes to get the whole thing cleared and the switch automatically gets deactivated once it is done.

well... a warning light comes on with the check engine light.. both will turn on together...thats the time where u need to use the switch, as per the Toyota Company's instructions, the vehice should be parked when the clearing process is taking place, it takes roughly about 15-20minutes to get the whole thing cleared and the switch automatically gets deactivated once it is done.

oh, so vehicles with DPF has an extra light on the dashboard eh?

• 1 month later...

reason is DPF system.

Also mazda bongo got the DPF & clean diesel filter.

DPF filter is supporting in sri lanka but clean diesel system not supporting in sl because the quality of diesel.

our vehicle get this matter, we try few times to fix this matter but we finally remove the DPF element & disable the DPF system.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I have a Nissan Navara with a DPF.I've been reading quite a bit and from what I found out I'm suppose to use a Diesel fuel which is very low in Sulphur (ULSD - Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel) in it, and lower the sulphur content. the better. ULSD is suppose to have a ppm valuer below 10. In SL, our normal diesel is 3000ppm and Super diesel is 500ppm. I'm currently using Super Diesel in mine, and what I would like to know is.. Is it a must that you have to use low sulphur diesel in all common rail engines? and If I use normal diesel by any chance, will it ruin my dpf and my injectors? Also, Is there any good places where I can remove the DPF completely without getting any indicators on the dashboard and not sending my engine in to limp mode?

Thanks in Advance.