• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Cons And Pros For 1300Cc And 1500Cc

jayashantha12345

well, not an expert by any mean, but from what I know usually the bigger engine in a similar car will give you more pulling power and better fuel efficiency in long distance trips :)

Edited by NRX
  • Like 1

Not always, whichever the vehicle does have a correct weight/power ratio would have better fuel efficiency.

for example as I heard Allion 1.8 is better in fuel than a 1.5 one.

I can remember, there were few threds about this, Can you check that mate?

hmmm..thanks mate..

i checked with lanser cs1 with 1.3 and another lancer with 1.5... but when engine is bigger fuel consumption is very high neda ... ??

I had a CS1 1.3 manual few years back, it is not that under powered 90 bhp even the Corolla 1.5 has only 105 bhp.

Dont expect racing car performance, you adjust your driving style accordingly. After all it is not the size, it is what you do with what you got.

I used to the car to travel to Nuwara Eliya and back via Hatton every week for two years with 4 guys with a weeks load of luggage. Only place where I had to change in to 1st gear was Radalla hill.

In level ground it can keep up with any other car driven by a decent driver.

It is a good and a reliable car, mine was a 2002 brand new imported wich i used from 2004-2008 (from 30k to 85 k) and only the front shocks repaced at 35K.

As for fuel it used to average 12-13 kmpl on my NE trips and 9-10 kmpl in Colombo traffic.

Good thing is you will be able to buy a car for a song because of this stigma about the 1.3 engine, however must warn you you will face the same situ whan you want the sell the darn thing.

Word of advice most of the cars were brought down and hired to various companies/ organisations by a subsideary of the Agent and is now in the hands of used vehicle sellers. Most of them are clocked so check the history of the vehicle and buy.

Good luck

I dont have personal experience but going on the widely given feedback comments on the forum and friends big-capacity-is-bad is not true. Like whmsujith said its about the power-to-weight ratio.

Some examples where bigger capacity engines arent always better.

1000cc march is not as good as the 1300cc march

1000cc belta is quite bad compared to the 1300cc belta

1300cc corolla is not as good as the 1500cc corolla (i'm referring to a friend's 121 for the comparison)

1500cc allion isnt as good as the 1800cc allion

As you see all as the car becomes larger in size, the best matching engine becomes larger. So do some research on the exact model rather than use the general rule of thumb

I had a CS1 1.3 manual few years back, it is not that under powered 90 bhp even the Corolla 1.5 has only 105 bhp.

Dont expect racing car performance, you adjust your driving style accordingly. After all it is not the size, it is what you do with what you got.

I used to the car to travel to Nuwara Eliya and back via Hatton every week for two years with 4 guys with a weeks load of luggage. Only place where I had to change in to 1st gear was Radalla hill.

In level ground it can keep up with any other car driven by a decent driver.

It is a good and a reliable car, mine was a 2002 brand new imported wich i used from 2004-2008 (from 30k to 85 k) and only the front shocks repaced at 35K.

As for fuel it used to average 12-13 kmpl on my NE trips and 9-10 kmpl in Colombo traffic.

Good thing is you will be able to buy a car for a song because of this stigma about the 1.3 engine, however must warn you you will face the same situ whan you want the sell the darn thing.

Word of advice most of the cars were brought down and hired to various companies/ organisations by a subsideary of the Agent and is now in the hands of used vehicle sellers. Most of them are clocked so check the history of the vehicle and buy.

Good luck

thanks a lot for the advice mate

I dont have personal experience but going on the widely given feedback comments on the forum and friends big-capacity-is-bad is not true. Like whmsujith said its about the power-to-weight ratio.

Some examples where bigger capacity engines arent always better.

1000cc march is not as good as the 1300cc march

1000cc belta is quite bad compared to the 1300cc belta

1300cc corolla is not as good as the 1500cc corolla (i'm referring to a friend's 121 for the comparison)

1500cc allion isnt as good as the 1800cc allion

As you see all as the car becomes larger in size, the best matching engine becomes larger. So do some research on the exact model rather than use the general rule of thumb

thanks a lot dear

• 2 weeks later...

I have a corolla 1.8 and it does over 16km/l in long term travelling, Think its all ok compared to the same model (121), also with a great pulling power.

I had a 1.3 corolla (110) couple of years back, but my friends those who had 1.5 110 cars did almost the same fuel consuption.

As I have heard, Nissan N16 model with 1.3 engines are very poor in fuel consuption compared to 1.5 and 1.6 N16 models.

Most of the power is needed to get the car moving from a stand point, here the 1.5 car will have an advantage, but when idle and slow driving the 1.3 maybe better in terms of fuel efficiency.

Therefore a lot will depend on your driving style and the type of traffic that you normally drive. The 1.3 is ideal for smaler cars like the swift but for bigger car like the corolla it tends to be under-powered and you are better off with a bigger engine.

Machan.. go for a car which is most commonly available in Sri Lanka (im talkin abt used jap cars..). then there will nt be trouble in finding spare parts, Skilled mechanics and selling the car again. Natural selection is also applicable for vehicles. if some vehicle model is popular in here, there must be a reason(or more). anway jst go for a popular model, then u will be happy with ur purchase. (coz i do... :yahoo: )

Edited by arun-online