• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Silencer Welding

LancerL

Dear all,

My silencer conduit has broken from the barrel on muffler side, (I mean where the smoke goes out).

Kindly advice me that do I have to definitely go to a silencer workshop for this or just a welder person can welding this? if so is their any big mechanism on the silencer where normal welder cannot troubleshoot.

How much will be cost for this job.

Thanks..

Dear all,

My silencer conduit has broken from the barrel on muffler side, (I mean where the smoke goes out).

Kindly advice me that do I have to definitely go to a silencer workshop for this or just a welder person can welding this? if so is their any big mechanism on the silencer where normal welder cannot troubleshoot.

How much will be cost for this job.

Thanks..

'LancerL',

If your car silencer is damaged you can go to any way side silencer repair shop to get it fixed. some times the welder will remove the complete silencer and do a thorough examination and do all necessary welding work.

There are some places they will lift your car and go under the car do only the place which is damaged. it is always better to remove the complete silencer and get a good job done if not some other place can give away on your silencer.

Cost depending on the work can be Rs:500.00 up. On examination if the repair man finds the entire silencer had to be changed then cost will be around Rs:5000.00.

Check all fixing brackets it has to be on flexible joints if not for the engine moments (vibration) the silencer can get damaged if the fixing joints are bad replace them too. Normally they are hard rubber hanging mounts.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

if you happened to remove the silencer, make sure that it weld in correct angle and orientation. I've seen in many vehicles, silencer tubes are just about to touch the ground after rewelding. You can imagine what will happen if that vehicle travel on a gravel road. make sure all tubes are in the correct position even after welding.

• Like 1