• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Engine Get Off When Break

4wd

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi all

I'm using Nissan Pulsar cj1 FN15 car(AUTO). if I suddenly break sometime the engine get off.

any issue with fuel supply, gear box, timing or tuning

Please help me

thanks

My guess is the tuning.. have you done an engine tune up lately?

My Honda Civic Ek3 is doing that some times for no reason (May be there is a reason). Most of the time if it's pulling 4 people. If I'm staying on accelerator it won't happen. When I need to slow down by breaking or engaging clutch the engine stops by it's own. Lucky i can get it started without effort because it's a manual gear one.

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena

Im gonna take a guess here and say that is could be related to the transmission of your car, probably your torque convertor clutch is locking up. Might be something wrong with the tcc solenoids.

BTW when was the last time you replaced the ATF of your car ?

any sort of transmission issues before this ?

Does this happen only on a cold start or even when the engine has heated up ?

When in Reverse, is it better or worse ?

P.S

It could also be an issue with your idle speed control, cleaning the throttle body would help but it could be a faulty idle speed control valve.

Edited by The Stig

Check the air filter. I had a similar prob with my manual. When i slow down and press the clutch the engine is about to stall, unless i keep the revs up. Checked the air filter and it was black as hell. Replaced and its working fine now. Maybe the old filter was restricting air flow.

Hope this helps...