• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Clutch Pedal !!!

FreakSL

Question

hey Guys

I have a squeaking clutch pedal, first it was ok when the engine is cold and started the squeaking noise when the engine become warm. i showed it to a mechanic and he suggested WD 40, after applying WD 40 to the enf og clutch pedal and etc.. it was ok for a couple of days , and started again, now the squeaking noise come when the engine cold also, :) when going through horrible after work traffic clutch pedal become little bit stiff as well,

ps : gear changing is not hard , engage properly can it be bushes worn off or something like that

anyone experienced this kind of a problem before

14 answers to this question

hey Guys

I have a squeaking clutch pedal, first it was ok when the engine is cold and started the squeaking noise when the engine become warm. i showed it to a mechanic and he suggested WD 40, after applying WD 40 to the enf og clutch pedal and etc.. it was ok for a couple of days , and started again, now the squeaking noise come when the engine cold also, :) when going through horrible after work traffic clutch pedal become little bit stiff as well,

ps : gear changing is not hard , engage properly can it be bushes worn off or something like that

anyone experienced this kind of a problem before

'FreakSL',

you get the noise when you press the clutch peddle, then it is better to get a mechanic to remove the gear box and examine the clutch peddle thrust racer.

thrust racer may be giving the noise. It can be something else also on the clutch.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

'FreakSL',

you get the noise when you press the clutch peddle, then it is better to get a mechanic to remove the gear box and examine the clutch peddle thrust racer.

thrust racer may be giving the noise. It can be something else also on the clutch.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i thought may be some bushes worn off , yea will go to a mechanic this week end everyone was busy because of the night races

i thought may be some bushes worn off , yea will go to a mechanic this week end everyone was busy because of the night races

If applying WD40 fixed it temporarily then its more like something at the pedal. Removing the gearbox shouldn't be your first option, it should be your last. And yes, its most likely a worn out bush or something like that at the top of the clutch pedal. If I may ask do you get the sound when the engine is switched off too, or just when the engine's running. If its something at the pedal you should get the squeak either with the engine on or off.

If applying WD40 fixed it temporarily then its more like something at the pedal. Removing the gearbox shouldn't be your first option, it should be your last. And yes, its most likely a worn out bush or something like that at the top of the clutch pedal. If I may ask do you get the sound when the engine is switched off too, or just when the engine's running. If its something at the pedal you should get the squeak either with the engine on or off.

Yea the squeaking noise can be hear , even though the engine is off, it's like squeaking noise when you press the pedal and when it come up back sounds like a noise from a horror movie door opening :P

Then its most likely lack of lubrication at the pedal end. I think some grease should fix it. Just go down under the dash push the pedal with your hand and see what part is making the noise and grease it up. You should be done in 10-15 mins max.

You certainly dont need to remove the gearbox.

Then its most likely lack of lubrication at the pedal end. I think some grease should fix it. Just go down under the dash push the pedal with your hand and see what part is making the noise and grease it up. You should be done in 10-15 mins max.

You certainly dont need to remove the gearbox.

yea will do that, thanks dude

yea will do that, thanks dude

'FreakSL',

Yes if it is the peddle do not have any lubrication then you will get the noise.

When you operate peddle when the engine is not running noise is there. Watchmen,s diagnosis is correct.

When the engine is running the noise comes when you press the peddle it is definitely on the gear box thrust racer.

First of all try greasing the peddle.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

thanks for the help guys , anyone knows clutch plate kit part number for proton savvy, company refusing to give the part number to outside , i can bring it down for cheap than here.

'FreakSL',

I very rarely replace clutch plates you can reline them and use the clutch plate springs are good.

Most Mechanics want to change parts unnecessary when they can be reconditioned like new ones.

Remove your Clutch plate you might be able to find another similar one in Panchikawthe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Not too sure on how WD40 n grease act when mixed, thinking off the top of my head, if u WD40 it first then it'll cause a layer of lubricant OVER the surface and cause the grease to just roll right off it.

So i recommend just grease since WD40 didnt work for long the last time you tried it.

Not too sure on how WD40 n grease act when mixed, thinking off the top of my head, if u WD40 it first then it'll cause a layer of lubricant OVER the surface and cause the grease to just roll right off it.

So i recommend just grease since WD40 didnt work for long the last time you tried it.

mhhh yea good point , will try with grease then

mhhh yea good point , will try with grease then

If the lubricating works only temporally, then the long term solution would be to identify the part (bush, return spring etc..) that is causing the sound and replace it. (unless you learn to live with the sound + constant lubrication)

I am not sure whether your car's clutch pedal has a return spring, Which is what I found out was causing the same squeaky pedal on my landy. 6 years of intermittent lubing (wd40, rubber grease, auto grease and elbow grease :angry: ) didn't cure it completely till the day the spring broke !... now its like a dream no squeak at all :)

If the lubricating works only temporally, then the long term solution would be to identify the part (bush, return spring etc..) that is causing the sound and replace it. (unless you learn to live with the sound + constant lubrication)

I am not sure whether your car's clutch pedal has a return spring, Which is what I found out was causing the same squeaky pedal on my landy. 6 years of intermittent lubing (wd40, rubber grease, auto grease and elbow grease :angry: ) didn't cure it completely till the day the spring broke !... now its like a dream no squeak at all :)

yea I thought of taking to the mechanic and see whther they can replace any bushes are torn off, if not lubracting thamai...