• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Head Light Dimming When Using Power Shutters

Hiran_j

Question

The headlight dims a bit when I lower the windows using power shutters. :speechless-smiley-019:

I have checked the battery (which is a new one) - Lucas Premium MF and they (Lucas centre at Kohuwala) said the voltage is around 14.1 V which is ok.

They checked the alternator and said; it's in good condition.

Is this a normal scenario ? Has any of you had similar experience.

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

Im sure you noticed this when the car is on idle. This is natural when shutter drive motors are old and rusty. Your drive motors are drawing a bit of significant current. Have your idle RPM set around 750 and get the Power window system serviced.Not a big issue even if you dont do that.Nothing serious to worry. As a precaution ,always use Power windows when the engine is running.

MINIACE

are the windows slow to move?

Spray silicon grease into the window channels with the windows down. If the channels are weathered then they can bind a little on the windows which will make the motors draw more current when in use.

The headlight dims a bit when I lower the windows using power shutters. :speechless-smiley-019:

I have checked the battery (which is a new one) - Lucas Premium MF and they (Lucas centre at Kohuwala) said the voltage is around 14.1 V which is ok.

They checked the alternator and said; it's in good condition.

Is this a normal scenario ? Has any of you had similar experience.

Thanks.

'Hiran_i,

Early 2 Posts by Miniace & fonfe had given you the best advices.

This is normal due to heavy current the motors draw from the battery the H/L gets dim.

Some times when your engine stops on the road with the H/L on, if you operate the self starter motor, the same thing will happen.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.