• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Reverse Cam Or Sensors

rushdi9975

Question

4 answers to this question

i have sensors in my truck. works pretty ok and get the job done.

some people find the camera a lil difficult as opposed to the sensors cos it takes a while to judge the actual distance while looking at an lcd screen. Most reverse sensors roughly show the actual distance to obstacles as well as the audible "beep"

having said that, having a rear view camera has it's plus points. especially in my case cos i can't see anything from the center mirror during wet weather cos mine is a pick up truck with a canopy. A rear view camera can truly come in handy if its setup to operate not only via the reverse gear but also with a direct switch.

But in your case...sensors alone should do the trick.

I've seen on the web a newer reverse sensor type that use a tape sorta thing that gets stuck to the inside of your bumper and a sensor. More expensive but this way you wont have those circular sensor bit showing on the outside.

The best one is currently you have both camera and sensor unit. It has both units plus points. I have a unit. sensor some times give fulse signal example even for a flower. if you has a camera you can see the actual pictue./ sensor is important to know the distance.

• Like 1