• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Premio 1.8 Vvti Engine

mazda axela

Could you please tell me the fuel consumption of the Premio 1.8L ENGINE?

And also maintenance cost compare with other cars like Allion/Civic.. etc

Its the same engine you get in the Allion, and i have no idea about the fuel consumption

Could you please tell me the fuel consumption of the Premio 1.8L ENGINE?

And also maintenance cost compare with other cars like Allion/Civic.. etc

Magnum is correct, it uses the same engine as Allion 1.8L. I have no personnel experience with 1.8L engine. But one of my friend had 1.5L Premio and I have helped him many occasions. The 1.5L does 10km/pl in city driving. Considering the better power to weight ratio (and the VVTi engine knows how to optimally use it), the 1.8L may do a better figure.

Also note that the km per liter also depend on driving style, tyre pressure etc....

On maintenance costs, I have no solid source of information. What I have heard as the 1.8L engine is not that available in SL, some parts are bit expensive compared to 1.5L engines.

Hope this helps.................

Magnum is correct, it uses the same engine as Allion 1.8L. I have no personnel experience with 1.8L engine. But one of my friend had 1.5L Premio and I have helped him many occasions. The 1.5L does 10km/pl in city driving. Considering the better power to weight ratio (and the VVTi engine knows how to optimally use it), the 1.8L may do a better figure.

Also note that the km per liter also depend on driving style, tyre pressure etc....

On maintenance costs, I have no solid source of information. What I have heard as the 1.8L engine is not that available in SL, some parts are bit expensive compared to 1.5L engines.

Hope this helps.................

Thanks for your comments brother

What you mean by version brother. btw it is X grade NZT260

11-12 in town, possibly more, especially if you don't spend a lot of time idling. up to 17 out of town. Same as the Allion underneath, possibly cheaper than the civic to maintain and parts are more abundant. however engine parts are more expensive compared to the 1.5 because its a new engine

this being sl its relatively difficult to flog compared to the 1.5. but if you are buying an allion or a premio this is definitely the engine you should go for.

I have Premio G Superior which is a 2.0l one. It does averagely 8-10kmpl in city limits and 15-17kmpl in long distance and it's indicators showed me it has done 21.5kmpl in the southern highway.

Maintance are same as u do to an Allion/Premio 1.5.

As an advice, go for Premio X-L rather than an X

What you mean by version brother. btw it is X grade NZT260

when comparing second hand market with premio and allion premio have low second hand market value maybe it's because allion is made to younger generation and premio is made for elder generation and it's been a 1.8 that can effects second hand market keep that in mind too fella. but if you choose allion or premio as JadeyBlitzen said earlier select 1.8 engine over 1.5 engine. :)

• Haha 1

when comparing second hand market with premio and allion premio have low second hand market value maybe it's because allion is made to younger generation and premio is made for elder generation and it's been a 1.8 that can effects second hand market keep that in mind too fella. but if you choose allion or premio as JadeyBlitzen said earlier select 1.8 engine over 1.5 engine. :)

I have Premio G Superior which is a 2.0l one. It does averagely 8-10kmpl in city limits and 15-17kmpl in long distance and it's indicators showed me it has done 21.5kmpl in the southern highway.

Maintance are same as u do to an Allion/Premio 1.5.

As an advice, go for Premio X-L rather than an X

11-12 in town, possibly more, especially if you don't spend a lot of time idling. up to 17 out of town. Same as the Allion underneath, possibly cheaper than the civic to maintain and parts are more abundant. however engine parts are more expensive compared to the 1.5 because its a new engine

this being sl its relatively difficult to flog compared to the 1.5. but if you are buying an allion or a premio this is definitely the engine you should go for.

Thanks guys for your reply

Edited by mazda axela

1.8L is better on fuel cos it has more efficient dual vvti engine instead of vvti you get in the 1.5L

I have a colleague who has a 1.8L which does 10 kmpl in Colombo and 15-16 kmpl outstation, which I think is same as what you get with the 1.5L, however you get more power with the 1.8L so it is a better car to drive.

i used a 1.8ltr premio for almost an year. the car produces around 130bhp compared to the 110bhp of the 1.5ltr and that 20odd extra makes a huge difference in the pull.

Fuel consumption is 9-10km/l when u have a normal drive maintaining gear change between 2000 and 3000 rpm. if u step on the accelerator then it will do around 7.5km/l. outstation will give u 12-13km/l minimum and 15-16km/l at peak.

Parts are expensive compared to the 1.5ltr. for eg. changed my break pads, bought it from toyota l*nka. the 1.5ltr`s pad set costed about 25k and the 1.8 was 28k or something. im not really sure about the rates, it was somewhere around that range.

Service is usual as a 1.5ltr. oil change with the filter and cleaning the air filter would normally cost me around 12k.

since i imported the car, when i sold it i did make a profit, but im not pretty sure about the 2nd hand market of the vehicle.

All in all, one good vehicle to drive, compared to the 1.5ltr. good power to weight ratio. this is just my personal opinion after using it.

1.8L is better on fuel cos it has more efficient dual vvti engine instead of vvti you get in the 1.5L

I have a colleague who has a 1.8L which does 10 kmpl in Colombo and 15-16 kmpl outstation, which I think is same as what you get with the 1.5L, however you get more power with the 1.8L so it is a better car to drive.

Thanks brother for your feedback

i used a 1.8ltr premio for almost an year. the car produces around 130bhp compared to the 110bhp of the 1.5ltr and that 20odd extra makes a huge difference in the pull.

Fuel consumption is 9-10km/l when u have a normal drive maintaining gear change between 2000 and 3000 rpm. if u step on the accelerator then it will do around 7.5km/l. outstation will give u 12-13km/l minimum and 15-16km/l at peak.

Parts are expensive compared to the 1.5ltr. for eg. changed my break pads, bought it from toyota l*nka. the 1.5ltr`s pad set costed about 25k and the 1.8 was 28k or something. im not really sure about the rates, it was somewhere around that range.

Service is usual as a 1.5ltr. oil change with the filter and cleaning the air filter would normally cost me around 12k.

since i imported the car, when i sold it i did make a profit, but im not pretty sure about the 2nd hand market of the vehicle.

All in all, one good vehicle to drive, compared to the 1.5ltr. good power to weight ratio. this is just my personal opinion after using it.

Thanks brother for your valuable comments