• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Austin Cambridge Farina 2

gvijayaratnam

Not the easiest task. But I can think of the following:

1. try to tinker the damaged part as much as possible

2. try 'watte' in panchikawatta. if you don't know the location, go to panchikawatta/maligawatte road roundabout and ask anyone.

3. go scouting along kandy road, look for another car which is rotting away and try to buy it off the owner

4. and if u r really desperate, try making a trip to jaffna, where u can still find plenty this model on the road.

Hi,

Can some one let me know where to get body parts for Austin Cambridge Farina 2 model ?

- Ganesh

Sumana Motors in Panchikawatte has bits for old BMC cars, as does Kuruppu motors (Also in Panchi). Otherwise just hit Ebay, plenty of bits available in the UK if you can find someone to bring it over.

isn't he looking for body parts?

does Sumana/Kuruppu motors stock body parts too?

If memory serves, they did have some bits like wings and doors etc... They also should be able to direct the OP towards places where old bits can be found.

even in Jaffna body parts may be an issue as those guys harldy throw them away and repair all those damaged wings and doors and re-use them,only thing is if he can find an abandoned car there where owners have lost interest but that too is unlikely as i hear that scrap iron is in great demand there and traders from south pay good prices for them hence sadly many a rotting classic would have gone :sad-smiley-058:

Not the easiest task. But I can think of the following:

1. try to tinker the damaged part as much as possible

2. try 'watte' in panchikawatta. if you don't know the location, go to panchikawatta/maligawatte road roundabout and ask anyone.

3. go scouting along kandy road, look for another car which is rotting away and try to buy it off the owner

4. and if u r really desperate, try making a trip to jaffna, where u can still find plenty this model on the road.