• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Registration Plate Size Problem

Dhanu DaGreat

I brought down a Toyota allion 260 recently and now I'm going to get it registered. In the registration form there's a space for the size of front and the rear number plate sizes. As you know Toyota allion 260 car has a equal spaces allocated for number plates shall i order equal sizes? Do they really make number plates to the given measurements or do they have standard sizes? I haven't seen people using same size number plates to the front and rear. Will it look weird? Approximate sizes that I measured are 28.5 cm X 18 cm.

frontsa.jpg

rearyq.jpg

Edited by Dhanu DaGreat

I brought down a Toyota allion 260 recently and now I'm going to get it registered. In the registration form there's a space for the size of front and the rear number plate sizes. As you know Toyota allion 260 car has a equal spaces allocated for number plates shall i order equal sizes? Do they really make number plates to the given measurements or do they have standard sizes? I haven't seen people using same size number plates to the front and rear. Will it look weird? Approximate sizes that I measured are 28.5 cm X 18 cm.

frontsa.jpg

rearyq.jpg

'Dhanu DaGreat',

You did not get the new plates up to now.Get your plates first. they have a slandered size

Old Plates last year RMV gave front is 20.5 X 4.5 inches rear is 11X7.25 inches.

Your measurements are in CM, I have measured in Inches. The given size by you is small.

I got the measurements (the size) from the two vehicles what I have in my home, the both have the same measurements.

Once you get them,if there have any difference in size complain to RMV. that you cannot fix them.

I don't think you will have a problem.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Well Dhanu, your car has got plates on it so you can verify the size can't you? Normally they should only come in two sizes for modern cars as far as I know. The European car's have rectangular plates at the back while the the Japanese car's have more squarish plates and these two are standard sizes.

If I am not mistaken the RMV has 2 sizes, the square one and the rectangle one, and you can select either, depending on your vehicle. ( eg : New Evo has it on the side, and I I think its the square one ).

You need to avoid blocking the air flow in to the front vents

• Like 1