• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrx Or Sti

NadriquE

Hi all..........

could someone please tell me, are there converted 1993 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti? if there are how to know wether it is WRX or WRX Sti...... tnnx

1. look at the engine - for GC8 wrx the intercooler is kind a angles to face not in parallel with face like the sti.

2. usually GC8 sti's come with red intake manifold, some ppl tend to paint wrx manifold red.

3. GC8 wrx's have coil on plugs and sti's have coils on a remote location on the manifold

4. GC8 sti's have two piece 4 pot Subaru marked calipers in from and floating one pot calipers or two piece two pot Subaru marked calipers in the rear (sum ppl do a swap for the sti ones) and small discs all round.

5. in GC8 sti's instrument panel tachometer is in the middle, water temp and fuel to the left and speedometer to the right.

6. i think STI's have drive by wire

7. sti's have a digital odometer

8. and the bonnet and the bonnet went;s, in wrx the scoop in middle of a big square embossed in the bonnet and the bonnet went's are divided into two pieces in from a middle line to compensate two hood lines (u'll know when u see it).

thats all which came in to my mind,

if nyone knows more plz update. i would also like to know

• Like 3

havnt notice anything like that with the clutch,

there cant be ny difference from wrx sti or even an impreza for that matter

hmm well it dsnt feel anything wrong with it. its just after a drive in traffic i limp for couple of hours :/

I've driven a certain white WRX here in SL, and the clutch on it was pretty stiff too, in fact very much like our Townace, and thus I had no trouble driving the car. Usually I have all sorts of issues with clutch balance on petrol manuals.

I've driven a certain white WRX here in SL, and the clutch on it was pretty stiff too, in fact very much like our Townace, and thus I had no trouble driving the car. Usually I have all sorts of issues with clutch balance on petrol manuals.

guess its normal then :) tnnx