• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vitz 1000 Cc Vs 1300 Cc. Which One Is Worth For Money?

flashmark

Hi All,

I've seen and heard some people saying different comments about Vitz 1000 CC(KSP 90) and 1300 CC(SCP 90). Specially about fuel consumption, acceleration,re-sale value, performance...etc

1000 CC (KSP 90) - 3 million

1300 CC (SCP 90) - 3.3 million

So I need to know which one is worth for money considering both models.

Thanks

Edited by flashmark

My close friends do use both versions. Both engine power is adequate to pull the car in a sensible manner, due to the fact even the 1000cc is ok with the weight to power.

One guy just finished a 800km journey with four ppl and all sorts of junk (luggage) in the car in the hill country. No complains.

But the 1300cc will have more than enough power and also better second hand value.

Personally I would like the 1300cc for better power. :)

go for the 1000cc version. its way more competent than 1000cc engines of old. and keeps up with bigger engined cars without much trouble. also the fuel consumption is slightly better. you'll get 1-2 km/l more than the 1300 and it'll be relatively easier to sell. also you'll be saving 300k so you could get some nice alloys and tyres for it.

that said if you are going for a more expensive "i'll" or rs version you can't get the 1000cc engine with it.

and if somebody who's thinking of getting the 3rd generation vitz is reading this go for the 1.3. its a new engine and with the smart stop function its fuel economy is astonishing.

wear & tear is less on 1300 machine since it has got 4 cylinders.

The number of cylinders have no correlation on the wear and tear of an engine. Don't post such nonsense.

Edited by terrabytetango

Thanks for your comments.

Only problem is 1.3 model 3 - 4 lakhs price is higher than 1000 cc model. Is it worth for additionaly pay 3 - 4 laks for 1.3 model?

Some people saying 1000 cc has more demand than 1.3.

What do you think?

The problem is that most people buy cars because of what others think. It's like when Vans had two sliding doors the van posse was against it for absurd reasons or when the transmission was a auto they created this hype that it would only travel 100mtrs on a litre of fuel. Whatever car you try to buy, there will always be some village idiot who would try to tell you otherwise. If the car is in good nick, you like it, & can afford to maintain it then go for it.

• Like 2

The problem is that most people buy cars because of what others think. It's like when Vans had two sliding doors the van posse was against it for absurd reasons or when the transmission was a auto they created this hype that it would only travel 100mtrs on a litre of fuel. Whatever car you try to buy, there will always be some village idiot who would try to tell you otherwise. If the car is in good nick, you like it, & can afford to maintain it then go for it.

But I think we have to care about what others think.Demands may be depends on that.Otherwise it might be difficult to sell it again.

For an example some people don't like Japanese Swift. Because Indian version is also here and some people(who has bit knowledge abot vehicle) just thinking both models are same.

So if some people say the 1000cc is better, it stands to reason the others say the 1300cc is better. So there's a 50/50 chance that you're making the right choice with either model. You have nothing to lose.

So if some people say the 1000cc is better, it stands to reason the others say the 1300cc is better. So there's a 50/50 chance that you're making the right choice with either model. You have nothing to lose.

If 50% said 1300 and rest 50% said 1000 cc it will be bit problem(piratically this happen very rarely) . Unfortunately it happen,then we can take a descion based on comments(valid comments) they pointed out.Beacuse of this reason I started this thread.Otherwise using a 'poll' can get a ideas of lot.( See 'poll' - hybrid fail or success in Sri lanka).

If 50% said 1300 and rest 50% said 1000 cc it will be bit problem(piratically this happen very rarely) . Unfortunately it happen,then we can take a descion based on comments(valid comments) they pointed out.Beacuse of this reason I started this thread.Otherwise using a 'poll' can get a ideas of lot.( See 'poll' - hybrid fail or success in Sri lanka).

I think the key questions for you is what are you going to use the car for, how frequently, where and how many people will usually travel in the car.

In city traffic conditions at low speeds the 1000cc 3 pot engine would definitely be more fuel efficient. That goes without saying. But in higher speeds say like on the E01 the 4 pot 1300cc should become more fuel efficient as you can run the engine at slightly lower rpms and this could possibly (remember this is the key word) make it more fuel efficient on longer journeys at higher speed. It's just the nature of these so called "City cars".

And obviously if your car always moves around with 4 passengers then the 1300cc engine will come in handy.

The reason why I asked how frequently is because you need to run a certain number of miles to realise the benefits in financial terms in both scenarios. If you are going to use the car say only on week ends, you should always aim to spend the lower amount (buy the 1000cc) because you can put the 400K you have left behind to other good use on say an investment rather than on a car as it makes no sense!

• Like 3

But I think we have to care about what others think.Demands may be depends on that.Otherwise it might be difficult to sell it again.

For an example some people don't like Japanese Swift. Because Indian version is also here and some people(who has bit knowledge abot vehicle) just thinking both models are same.

This is not correct. The Japanese swift clearly has higher market value and people who know a bit about cars will know they are not the same, different engines, different suspension setup and different finish in the interior.

Agreed with "The Don"; I myself is a 1000cc Vitz owner and I'm travelling 40KM per day in heavy traffic, I don't mind the pulling power since most of the time I'm stuck in the traffic. And it does 10-12 per liter.

Once I have driven my Vitz in E01 and I felt like if there is more power it would be great. Nevertheless, I managed to keep the 100KM/h throughout my journey. (with 4people + trunk full of bags)

So if you are planning to take your vehicle daily in heavy traffic, I suppose you’ll happy with 1000cc… But Note that the maintenance cost of a Vitz is bit more expensive than the other cars in that range.

Edited by shihanc

Agreed with "The Don"; I myself is a 1000cc Vitz owner and I'm travelling 40KM per day in heavy traffic, I don't mind the pulling power since most of the time I'm stuck in the traffic. And it does 10-12 per liter.

Once I have driven my Vitz in E01 and I felt like if there is more power it would be great. Nevertheless, I managed to keep the 100KM/h throughout my journey. (with 4people + trunk full of bags)

So if you are planning to take your vehicle daily in heavy traffic, I suppose you’ll happy with 1000cc… But Note that the maintenance cost of a Vitz is bit more expensive than the other cars in that range.

Have you any experience with four ppl and luggage in the hill country? Fuel consumption of non traffic area?

Recently went to Badulla via Raja Mawatha and came back via Nuwara Eliya with four ppl + baggage... fual consumption was well over 14km/l...

Pulling power is ok when it's climbing... but prefer bit more... If you're a regular traveller go for the 1.3, it should be much more powerful than 1.0...

Edited by shihanc