• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ngk Or Densor Wires For Corolla 5A-Fe

macro

Question

I drive a 1995 Sprinter Marino and want to put in a new set of plugs and HT cables. I've decided on getting denso ik16s but having a hard time figuring out which NGK or denso wires to buy. I've searched on amazon but the closest I can get is a matching set of wires for the 4afe.

I'll be grateful if someone could give me a part number or link (on amazon) to get a set of wires

Edited by macro

5 answers to this question

goto http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html and select the model of your car and it will show up the parts catalog and then you can get the part numbers. If you have the frame number (which is in the plate in the bonnet )enter it in the site and it shows up the correct parts catalog.

I use this to search for parts for my corolla and the part numbers are dead on correct.

• Like 1

I drive a 1995 Sprinter Marino and want to put in a new set of plugs and HT cables. I've decided on getting denso ik16s but having a hard time figuring out which NGK or denso wires to buy. I've searched on amazon but the closest I can get is a matching set of wires for the 4afe.

I'll be grateful if someone could give me a part number or link (on amazon) to get a set of wires

Spark plugs you can figure out by referring the NGK catalogue or their web site. The HT leads on the other hand are standard and only comes in a number of fitments for Japanese cars of that era. Basically it's the spark plug and that changes. If that end of the HT leads look the same as the ones for 4A FE (I think they do) then they will fit the 5A FE as well.

Edited by The Don

Thanks guys. I found the part number from toyodiy. But there's only oem wires available.

Do you think http://www.amazon.com/Denso-671-6182-Original-Equipment-Replacement/dp/B000EQ95OC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326956790&sr=8-1 would fit?

I have a bit of doubt about the distributor end of the 4afe wires. Couldn't check the existing ones since the car's not with me right now.

Thanks guys. I found the part number from toyodiy. But there's only oem wires available.

Do you think http://www.amazon.co...26956790&sr=8-1 would fit?

I have a bit of doubt about the distributor end of the 4afe wires. Couldn't check the existing ones since the car's not with me right now.

Check the existing ones. To be honest what matters more is the spark plug end rather than the distributor end because there is usually only two types, straight fit or fit with a 90 degree bend and both can be made to fit each other with the slight inconvenience of the wires pointing the wrong way, but that is not a big issue.

Also look at the NGK versions.

I replaced my HT leads with locally available versions and regretted it. They weren't as good as the OEMs they replaced.