• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

"cylinder Sleeve" & "ring Set" Replacement Mitsubishi (4G33/32)

LancerL

Question

Dear Experts,

I have a Hyundai Stellar 1986 Module, which has 1500CC Mitsubishi (4G33/32) engine. (I’m not sure but its Timing Chain module)

My issue is that the cylinders and Piston rings has worn out and my mechanic advice me to do the following.

1. Remove existing sleeves and fix new sleeves, polish new sleeves to the existing piston size hence existing pistons are originals, good and no need to replace which will cost me 10,500/-.

2. Replace Ring set with Standard one cost 2,500/-.

3. Replace Began Bearing set to a Standard one cost 1,900/-

4. Purchase an engine overhaul kit suits to my engine cost 3,800/-

Pls. advice me on followings.

1. What you’ll think about fixing sleeves?

2. Is it durable?

3. If yes how many Km’s average?

4. Will this solve oil burning and give good compression?

5. Will this low down the engine noise and make it smooth like a new car?

6. Finally will this give me good fuel consumption?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices!!!

Regards,

LancerL

13 answers to this question

Dear Experts,

I have a Hyundai Stellar 1986 Module, which has 1500CC Mitsubishi (4G33/32) engine. (I’m not sure but its Timing Chain module)

My issue is that the cylinders and Piston rings has worn out and my mechanic advice me to do the following.

1. Remove existing sleeves and fix new sleeves, polish new sleeves to the existing piston size hence existing pistons are originals, good and no need to replace which will cost me 10,500/-.

2. Replace Ring set with Standard one cost 2,500/-.

3. Replace Began Bearing set to a Standard one cost 1,900/-

4. Purchase an engine overhaul kit suits to my engine cost 3,800/-

Pls. advice me on followings.

1. What you’ll think about fixing sleeves?

2. Is it durable?

3. If yes how many Km’s average?

4. Will this solve oil burning and give good compression?

5. Will this low down the engine noise and make it smooth like a new car?

6. Finally will this give me good fuel consumption?

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices!!!

Regards,

LancerL

The answer is yes to all if the job is done well. Try to utilise a good machine shop like Lal and Nihal or Edirisinghe brothers. The end result depends on the quality of workmanship and the parts used. Try to source genuine parts from Hyundai or Mitsubishi when possible. With regards to engine noise not all of it is down to the components you mentioned as there are other bearings and various components connected which contribute to noise. So it should reduce noise but its possible it won't be the same as brand new unless you replace everything which is unnecessary. Just managing your expectations.

Edited by The Don
  • Like 1

The answer is yes to all if the job is done well. Try to utilise a good machine shop like Lal and Nihal or Edirisinghe brothers. The end result depends on the quality of workmanship and the parts used. Try to source genuine parts from Hyundai or Mitsubishi when possible. With regards to engine noise not all of it is down to the components you mentioned as there are other bearings and various components connected which contribute to noise. So it should reduce noise but its possible it won't be the same as brand new unless you replace everything which is unnecessary. Just managing your expectations.

Edirisinghe brothers not 100% ok. one of friend of mine told me DEMO is good than Edirisinghe brothers.

try to replace GENUIN ring set from Mitsubishi company

I checked with company today, they said that they don't have this module.

Guys, kindly advice me a good Japan brand for all of above spair parts please..

Thanks!

Thanks!

'LancerL',

Try to utilize a good machine shop like "Lal and Nihal" or "Edirisinghe brothers". AS don said. They both are good existing for more than 50 years.

I have experience getting jobs done from them for few decades. If any of them are bad they cannot exist so long.

Have you removed the engine into parts? or just a Mechanic informed you to do as your post says.

Please do post your comments.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Thanks!

My suggestion is not to rely too much on Unit#d Mot#rs because they are fairly useless and don't seem to have the best inventory. You can buy good quality products which are from the same manufacturer as Mitsubishi uses as Mitsubishi themselves don't make these parts. Try a few companies like Korean motor parts (I think the used to be what they were called) and look through the yellow pages and give a few calls to companies listed there claiming to have genuine Hyundai and Mitsubishi parts.

If not a company like Edirisinghe Brothers, Lal & Nihal or D*MO will have their own stocks of parts to do the rebuild themselves.

• Like 1

Will DEMO do a job other than their product?????

yes DEMO do. don't buy replace spare parts from Edirisihghe brothers. they are too expensive. use alpin pistons and cylinders. you can buy from Wijerama. there is a brand new sparepartz shop i fogot the name. his price is very reasonable. also don't forget to use Genuine piston rings from Mitsubishi motors.

• Like 1

'LancerL',

Try to utilize a good machine shop like "Lal and Nihal" or "Edirisinghe brothers". AS don said. They both are good existing for more than 50 years.

I have experience getting jobs done from them for few decades. If any of them are bad they cannot exist so long.

Have you removed the engine into parts? or just a Mechanic informed you to do as your post says.

Please do post your comments.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Sylvi,

Thanks for your valuable advice! BTW Mechanic has removed it in to parts and informed me after inspecting those.

LancerL

Dear Sylvi,

Thanks for your valuable advice! BTW Mechanic has removed it in to parts and informed me after inspecting those.

LancerL

If this mechanic is capable then give your engine block to early said "Laland Nihal" or "Edrisinghe brothers." they will do necessary rebuilding of your engine block

Better if you get your engine head refaced and get same assembled properly. Do not go to D*MO.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Friends,

Kindly recommand me good brand for "Piston Rings" and "Overhaul Kit" and "Began Bearing Set" please..

Thanks

LancerL

'LancerL',

I think all engine rebuild people will have all spares and they give a guarantee for their job you need not worry to buy the spares.Good quality rings they will have. I remember your post only you want to change the sleeves and use the same old pistons. then the crank too you have give to them for regrinding of oval on that. then they will give you the correct bearings for that too.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Dear Friends,

I'm not gonna get spares from "Lal and Nihal" or "Edrisinghe brothers." and planing to get it from Panchikawatta!

Kindly advice me for a better brand of "Piston Rings", "Overhaul Kit" and "Began Bearing Set" form you experience..

Thanks,

LancerL