• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing The Wiper Motor Speed In Old Car

rameez

Question

5 answers to this question

series resistor to the power line should do the trick easily. power and resistance depends on motor power.

More complex Hbridge with PWM will also do the trick more efficiently at higher cost.

All depends on motor power.

'abiman'

As you suggest have to calculate the current discharge of the motor.

Accordingly have to fix a resister to match the wiper current draw system.

The speed what the MR. Rameez wants. Resister value and wattage will vary for his requirement.

Have to go to a good electrician for the correct job.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

i think i shall explain this more detail, i have no problem with the wiper motor speed which is at 2 and 3 levels. The problem is when there is a slight rain i dont want the wiper to keep on wiping the windscreen which is a bit of a nuisance at times and i have to manually keep it on and off and my concentration is getting diverted , this is also hard because when the car is a manual one since tyou have to change gears as well in traffic frequently.my car has not got a 3 rd switch for extreme slow speed....it has got only medium and fast....the medium speed is too much when there is a small rain...

if i fix a series resistor then the wiper will become extremely slow and the speed when there is a heavy rain will be less as well. this is my worry. do you think i can a wiper speed motor and switch from a newer japanese vehicle which has 3 speeds to do the job.

You can build an intermittent timer. Just don't try selling it to Ford. You can find plenty of circuits online. I'd suggest building one with adjustable intermittent delay, as per the new cars hitting the streets.

• Like 2

You can build an intermittent timer. Just don't try selling it to Ford. You can find plenty of circuits online. I'd suggest building one with adjustable intermittent delay, as per the new cars hitting the streets.

'terrabytetango',

http://store.qkits.com/moreinfo.cfm/MXA041

Sylvi Wijesinghe.