• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Use Tirefit Kit

sala

I've seen many japanease vehicles are equipped with ridiculous Tirefit kit exept spare wheel. Most of the people don't know how to use this kit. Most of the european cars are equipped with this kit and spare wheel. I don't know why japanease automakers (Especially JDMs)give this kits without spare wheel (Perhaps they would love to watch people get messed up by using this kit /they are trying to save their metal for use another car or they are trying to give some cargo space or whatever..)

I think following links are useful to how to use Tirefit kit.

http://www.4shared.com/office/L-5qSXxk/tirefitpdf.html

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-to-use-tirefit-5076.html#image1

post-46545-0-65652900-1329300760_thumb.j

Think the main idea is to reduce unnecessary weight... But in most instances ( unless it happens suddenly) we are able to get to a tyre shop ( plenty around Colombo) before doing too much damage to the tyre. I have made it a habit to always have a look at the 4 tyres before driving off.

• Like 1

I think some of the new Jap vehicles which came in to the island recently are equipped with these type of kits. These maybe handy for minor punctures. But might not be useful if you get a large cut on the tire...

Members,

this type of temporary repair kits were available in other countries for decades. But still the did not became popular in Srlanka due to the cost, years ago one importer imported this kit and distributed in all major towns in Ceylon but he did not continue due to poor sales. Biggest problem was the expiry time.

So it is better to have a good spare tire for a replacement due to a tire puncher.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

I've seen many japanease vehicles are equipped with ridiculous Tirefit kit exept spare wheel. Most of the people don't know how to use this kit. Most of the european cars are equipped with this kit and spare wheel. I don't know why japanease automakers (Especially JDMs)give this kits without spare wheel (Perhaps they would love to watch people get messed up by using this kit /they are trying to save their metal for use another car or they are trying to give some cargo space or whatever..)

I think following links are useful to how to use Tirefit kit.

http://www.4shared.c...tirefitpdf.html

http://www.autoevolu...076.html#image1

post-46545-0-65652900-1329300760_thumb.j

You sound like a 12-year-old. The main reason these kis are used and spare wheels are not included anymore is the same reason we have run flat tires. It's to cut down on expenses and waste. Not a conspiracy by the automobile manufactures to make our lives miserable. The fact is, JDM cars are designed for the japanese market and in developed countries like japan, the tires rarely recieve a puncture during their usable life. So while spare wheel sits in the back of the car, the waste starts pilling up at junkyards when ever a car is put out of use. These kits and runflat tires merely help to cut costs and waste. Note that JDM cars are not designed for our market, where a puncture is a common thing that every motorist has faced.

You sound like a 12-year-old. The main reason these kis are used and spare wheels are not included anymore is the same reason we have run flat tires. It's to cut down on expenses and waste. Not a conspiracy by the automobile manufactures to make our lives miserable. The fact is, JDM cars are designed for the japanese market and in developed countries like japan, the tires rarely recieve a puncture during their usable life. So while spare wheel sits in the back of the car, the waste starts pilling up at junkyards when ever a car is put out of use. These kits and runflat tires merely help to cut costs and waste. Note that JDM cars are not designed for our market, where a puncture is a common thing that every motorist has faced.

This is automotive industry it's a business,JDM or whatever(according to this topic or another topic),they always trying to fool you!!

This is automotive industry it's a business,JDM or whatever(according to this topic or another topic),they always trying to fool you!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaa mummy they didn't put a spare wheel in a vehicle designed for the japanese market!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I want a spare wheel mummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaa mummy they didn't put a spare wheel in a vehicle designed for the japanese market!!!!!!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I want a spare wheel mummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh please don't cry my little baby.

Has anyone got a pacifier?

Ah,here it is :angry-smiley-048: