• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Gs 125 (Japanese Made)

sira

Question

I got this bike and recently the ECO test was failed. And one of the bike mechanics tuned the carb and checked the all items in carb ,said looks fine. That time the CO level was 6.7 . so today it has failed again the this time the CO level is 7.5

However the eco test people are keep accelerating and i can see most of the times the RPM goes more than 3500 and then test display invalid RPM , may be this units dose not capable with Bikes.

there is no such a place in Colombo for Bikes tune up with CO meter. Most of car garage has this unit and before they go for ECO test they can tune the car perfectly. Bike they do not do

Can somebody advise me with this

Sira

2 answers to this question

I got this bike and recently the ECO test was failed. And one of the bike mechanics tuned the carb and checked the all items in carb ,said looks fine. That time the CO level was 6.7 . so today it has failed again the this time the CO level is 7.5

However the eco test people are keep accelerating and i can see most of the times the RPM goes more than 3500 and then test display invalid RPM , may be this units dose not capable with Bikes.

there is no such a place in Colombo for Bikes tune up with CO meter. Most of car garage has this unit and before they go for ECO test they can tune the car perfectly. Bike they do not do

Can somebody advise me with this

Sira

Sira, I don't know if most garages have a CO metre but some places with engine analysis systems which go beyond plugging into the ODB port might have CO meters.

What seems to be happening is the fuel mixture is too rich, leading to to partial combustion and a lot of CO. What is likely is that the injector is leaking a little. Have you reconditioned the carb recently using a carb repair kit? I think you need to go to a different mechanic. Something seeming to run well is not an indicator of it running well!