• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2011 Alto Lxi, Ac Idle Issue

niroshan.d.liyanage

Question

Hi Guys

I just got the 15000 km service done at A*W for my 2011 alto Lxi this month , The gear oil and the Air filter was changed in addition to the Engine oil , Oil filter, Since that day the car has been having a very high AC idle up RPM, It is normal when the AC is not switched, The strange thing it does not happen all the time as well, When the car is stationary for about 2-3 mins the RPM comes back to normal. THis is noticable when the car is slowed down to a stop and put on neutral the engine revs up for about 2-3 mins before coming back to normal.

I took it back to A*W to report the problem, and they claim that the car needs a tune up, According to one of the Engineers there the Throttle body needs to be cleaned, Could this be the actual issue or is there any chance of it being something else , since it has only done 15k

Any assistance would be higly appreciated

Regards

Niroshan

4 answers to this question

1. High RPM to Low RPM change in cool start(1st Start of the day) is very normal.

(RPM comes normal when engine become hot)

2. RPM increment when shift from a gear to Neutral is normal.

3. Slight increase of RPM when AC is ON is Correct.

So the issue you got is opposite to the above points, the very 1st treatment that a mechanic/ Engineer should give should be Tune-up with specially cleaning TB.