• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Effiency In Hyhundai Accent

dimu

Question

12 answers to this question

Ive used a 2004 accent 1.3 manual in singapore and it managed to run like 14,15 Kmpl or more. it was able to run well on fuel after i install a lil gadget called an air charger. Anyways its not a very heavy car. For a 1.3 performance is quite reasonable too. In Sri Lanka consumption may vary, depending on ur driving, aircon, etc..

Edited by son of a Lancer

Ive used a 2004 accent 1.3 manual in singapore and it managed to run like 14,15 Kmpl or more. it was able to run well on fuel after i install a lil gadget called an air charger. Anyways its not a very heavy car. For a 1.3 performance is quite reasonable too. In Sri Lanka consumption may vary, depending on ur driving, aircon, etc..

Plz tell me more about that "air charger" gadget

Edited by waka

Driving/traffic patterns in singapore and sri lanka are veru different, so i dont think you can do a comparison as easily as you imply.

But we are quite interested in this little gadget of an air-charger!!

Hi fellas, sorry about the late reply.. i couldnt reply to ur msgs.. anyways the air charger i had was a cylindrical looking thing made of thick stainless steel. A lot of mechanics told me that its not very effective in performance or fuel efficiency. some even showed me that their customers removed them from cars and left them in the garages... However it is something that connects in between the exhaust or intake manifold (I cant remember) and brake pump (If im not wrong)..

FYI i had a performance air filter as well... am not sure if it helps anyways though..

However i couldnt believe the fuel gauge after installing it..I even did a check up on the wiring system if it has malfunctioned....

Like the mechanics said I wonder if it only usefull for cars with small engines (Mine was 1.3) and mostly they were removed from 1500 and above cars.

I got mine for 20SGD from ebay, ive checked the price for a new one would cost 200 bucks... I'd be glad if anyone would know the physics behind it cus i also tried to find in the ineternet and couldnt source out much explanations abt how it works...

Here is an sg folks experience aft installing an air charger in his car..

*********engine idle vibration became slightly smoother

- b4 the installation, my pica always "howls" loud when the rpm reaches 2.1k to 2.2k rpm mark and was very laggy and weak.

as for now, it sounds smooth as normal and comes with better torque and response

- when the AT gearbox changes to higher gear, it feels that there's lesser drag to further accelerate the car (more continuity of acceleration)

(Note: i had this issue after installing open pod, so it may not apply for drop-in)

but according to the installer (forgotten his name ), the effect will be much better if the air intake is OEM drop-in, due to lost of back pressure for open pod.

the air charger has definitely helped out on the shortfall of an open pod setup (low end) for my case

all in all, i'm starting to understand more on how each mod affects different stages of the car's acceleration (low end to high end) and its very difficult to be even close to become all-rounded********

Cheers fellas!!

Hi fellas, sorry about the late reply.. i couldnt reply to ur msgs.. anyways the air charger i had was a cylindrical looking thing made of thick stainless steel. A lot of mechanics told me that its not very effective in performance or fuel efficiency. some even showed me that their customers removed them from cars and left them in the garages... However it is something that connects in between the exhaust or intake manifold (I cant remember) and brake pump (If im not wrong)..

FYI i had a performance air filter as well... am not sure if it helps anyways though..

However i couldnt believe the fuel gauge after installing it..I even did a check up on the wiring system if it has malfunctioned....

Like the mechanics said I wonder if it only usefull for cars with small engines (Mine was 1.3) and mostly they were removed from 1500 and above cars.

I got mine for 20SGD from ebay, ive checked the price for a new one would cost 200 bucks... I'd be glad if anyone would know the physics behind it cus i also tried to find in the ineternet and couldnt source out much explanations abt how it works...

Here is an sg folks experience aft installing an air charger in his car..

*********engine idle vibration became slightly smoother

- b4 the installation, my pica always "howls" loud when the rpm reaches 2.1k to 2.2k rpm mark and was very laggy and weak.

as for now, it sounds smooth as normal and comes with better torque and response

- when the AT gearbox changes to higher gear, it feels that there's lesser drag to further accelerate the car (more continuity of acceleration)

(Note: i had this issue after installing open pod, so it may not apply for drop-in)

but according to the installer (forgotten his name ), the effect will be much better if the air intake is OEM drop-in, due to lost of back pressure for open pod.

the air charger has definitely helped out on the shortfall of an open pod setup (low end) for my case

all in all, i'm starting to understand more on how each mod affects different stages of the car's acceleration (low end to high end) and its very difficult to be even close to become all-rounded********

Cheers fellas!!

Just another piece of junk!

http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_3406wt_1267

http://wiki.answers....o_actually_work

turi.jpg

Edited by hyacc