• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Flushing

Hof

Question

I bought a recondition Japanese vehicle and trying to do the first service.

I was told by two leading service stations, that an engine flushout is needed for the first service. However two mechanical engineers told that there is no necessity for it, and it is only a means of fleecing customers by service stations.

Could anybody offer an advice please?

Hof, enough and more discussion on this (with graphical examples) in the forum. Pls search.

Bottomline is you don't need to flush, not really ~ and flushing can lead to other undesirable situations.

There are times that flush might be a preferred solution to taking the engineblock apart, but unlikely yours is in such a situation.

DO not under any circumstances listen to the uneducated morons at Service Stations.

Change the oil, filters, and enjoy the car. BEst 'flush you can do will be to do quick oil changes within a month or so. Else you are fine as it is. DO not le them pour any gunk in to the engine.

And Hatharasinghe, please, dont talk nonsense. It is buggers like you that gets sucked in to these traps. FIDIOT.

Member VVTi,

I personalty feel that you being a senior member on this forum should not address another member in abusing language like BUGGER AND FIDIOT..

Mr. Hatharasinghe is also a member who posts regularly. He too has self respect.

I HOPE YOU WILL NOT MISS UNDERSTAND MY REPLY POST TO YOU.

THERE ARE WAYS OF REPLYING TO A POST INSTEAD OF USING ABUSING WORDS.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Members,

I have done engine flushing for decades. I will give my experience in flushing engines in last so many years over 100 engines.

(1) 5 Gallons of 20 grade engine oil.

(2) 2 gallon of Diesel

(3) 3 new oil filters.

(4) 6 liters of multgrade 20-50 Engine oil

I remove the valve head cover examine the amount of sludge. if it is more than normal I remove the sump.

I clean the complete engine head with diesel with valves intact without removing the engine head. clean the sump sludge with diesel.

Re fit both back with same gaskets, remove the engine oil filter. fix up a new filter.

Fill the engine oil with 20 grade engine oil 50% and balance with Diesel oil. RUN THE ENGINE FOR 15 MINUTE. AT ABOUT 500 RPM.

Then remove all engine oil from the engine. remove the oil filter also fix another new one. fill back the engine oil 20 grade again 75%. 25 % of Diesel oil with a new filter run the engine back again at 500 rpm.

Remove all the oil again. fill the engine back with 20 grade engine oil to maximum level run the engine at about 750 rpm.

Remove out all engine oil remove the engine head cover and the sump fix them up with new gaskets fix a new filter fill the engine oil to lover level with 50%20 and multiple grade oil 20-50. 50 % only run the engine for about 30 minute. Dearin that too.

Fill up to the dip stick top level 20-50 oil and allow the owner to run for next 3000 miles or 5000 kilometers.

today above method will cost more tan 15000/= Rupees but you will get a 100% perfect clean engine. I have not had any problems what I have done for few 100 engines in the past.

Sylvi Wijesinghe

Member VVTi,

I personalty feel that you being a senior member on this forum should not address another member in abusing language like BUGGER AND FIDIOT..

Mr. Hatharasinghe is also a member who posts regularly. He too has self respect.

I HOPE YOU WILL NOT MISS UNDERSTAND MY REPLY POST TO YOU.

THERE ARE WAYS OF REPLYING TO A POST INSTEAD OF USING ABUSING WORDS.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ado unkel,

You are right. People should not abuse anyone. They should also not pm people about having intercourse with someone's mother. The whole problem is that vvti does not have 50 years experience.

if you feel pickup is delaying and feel it has less power than it should and even no service records or not done it correct time then do it or else no need.

Arrr stupid advice

If you feel a loss of power you should clean the injectors, check the spark plugs, check oil, check the petrol filter and air filter. Not blindly do a flush and think of it as an "hama dekatama thailee"

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Sylvi

Thank you for your input and comments.

I tend to call an apple and apple... I don't sugar coat things and I call a FIDIOT, FIDIOT.

BTW, The word Bugger is a term of endearment. :)

As in ,

You are a maara bugger no.

Nice bugger.

Dirty Bugger

Bugger did this

Bugger did that.

Also, in terms of what the issue about,. letting anyone pour chemicals in to an engine is stupid and advising someone to do it also is stupid.

• Like 1

. Your shitty attitude has to come to a grinding halt right now or we will flood this forum with thousands of bogus sign-ins and using utter filth forcing all you so called moderators to be sitting in front of your computers 24/7!

Ahh another fan. How about growing some balls and not creating a new account to reply to me?

Also how is threatening to spam the forum going to affect me? You know what really scares me? Your gene pool

Ado unkel,

You are right. People should not abuse anyone. They should also not pm people about having intercourse with someone's mother. The whole problem is that vvti does not have 50 years experience.

Jdnet,

Once you became Newbe Of the Year! What a shame on you! What a language! This is a public forum! Behave like a gentleman. Moderators! you should stop this sort of replies. it should not depend on their knowledge, experience or your friendship.

Edited by WCW

Oh dear... Chandi bandis coming out of the wood work.... ;)

Oh wow... threat of spamming?

Hak Hak Hak!!! Peri and MAdz are shaking in their booties.

Why don;t you little girls go find something else to do, like Hop-Scotch and check out each others panties instead of sitting down and creating multiple IDs... :)

What a munch of pathetic losers... I bet you guys all get together often and fondle each other's man-ginas... :)

Now shoo, loser!

Jdnet,

Once you became Newbe Of the Year! What a shame on you! What a language! This is a public forum! Behave like a gentleman. Moderators! you should stop this sort of replies. it should not depend on their knowledge, experience or your friendship.

The bigger shame is that you are such a little loser, you actually have time to create multiple accounts. BTW, your mom thinks I'm the perfect gentleman.

Edited by jdnet

Well, what is strange is the very people who are championing the cause for maintaining the decency on this forum are the very ones who bring the mothers in to the discussions...

NetBuster...ROLFMAO. wonder how long it took him to come up with that name ;)

If this is anything to go by, we will see some crazy handle names in the coming days.

Well, what is strange is the very people who are championing the cause for maintaining the decency on this forum are the very ones who bring the mothers in to the discussions...

NetBuster...ROLFMAO. wonder how long it took him to come up with that name ;)

If this is anything to go by, we will see some crazy handle names in the coming days.

machan this is a little entertaining though right? Peri should be able to find him. I don't think this guy has the commonsense to use a proxy condom.

The bigger shame is that you are such a little loser, you actually have time to create multiple accounts. BTW, your mom thinks I'm the perfect gentleman.

Jdnet,

I'm not a person from a low level society fellow like you. But at least you should respect other forum members when replying to their questions. They may ask some silly questions. Because all of members are not experts like you! Best thing "you" can do is not to reply if you think they are "idiots". To remind you, this is not the first time seen your similar replies to other members.

Edited by WCW

Jdnet,

I'm not a person from a low level society fellow like you. But at least you should respect other forum members when replying to their questions. They may ask some silly questions. Because all of members are not experts like you! Best thing "you" can do is not to reply if you think they are "idiots".

waaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa big bad man told my loverboy not to talk out of his arse waaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

FYI, I do have to reply when an idiot makes retarded posts and helps destroy a misinformed person's car since it makes us all look bad.

Edited by jdnet
  • Like 1

Jdnet,

I'm not a person from a low level society fellow like you. But at least you should respect other forum members when replying to their questions. They may ask some silly questions. Because all of members are not experts like you! Best thing "you" can do is not to reply if you think they are "idiots". To remind you, this is not the first time seen your similar replies to other members.

Hmmmm......... I am at a loss here. :)

Hmmmm......... I am at a loss here. :)

"I'm not a person from a low level society fellow like you."

Mmmmm interesting indeed, sounds almost like our resident preacher of low level society and how high class people are better. You know who im talking about ;)

"I'm not a person from a low level society fellow like you."

Mmmmm interesting indeed, sounds almost like our resident preacher of low level society and how high class people are better. You know who im talking about ;)

Ok, here comes UN Forces to rescue their lovely friend. :sport-smiley-027:

This is really interesting. I love this topic! ^_^

Edited by WCW

who are these faggots... this is the problem with online forums any ######## can come in... but u have a AL get-together and i dont see any of these wankers showing up.. because personally i would like to meet these wankers... and see how they talk the talk face to face..

who are these faggots... this is the problem with online forums any ######## can come in... but u have a AL get-together and i dont see any of these wankers showing up.. because personally i would like to meet these wankers... and see how they talk the talk face to face..

if i

Ooop....s another senior member!!!! sorry, if I made you mad! :sleeping-smiley-008:

if i

Ooop....s another senior member!!!! sorry, if I made you mad! :sleeping-smiley-008:

oh no... sorry to disappoint.. but i dont get mad at faggots.. just feel sorry.. and not here to defend JD.. the boy can defend himself... as i was saying.. why cant we ever see the likes of you when we meet.. scared are we...

Fellas ,

You can simply learn how to respect other members by looking at senior members replies such as Master Don, Harshasenadhir, etc . Those are real experts. Also check their vocabulary and compare yours. :sad-smiley-066:

• Like 1