• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Hilux

NZer

Hi i am very interested in buying this Cab. Its a toyota hilux LN166 251-. Can someone with the knowledge tell me how good these cabs are and what the going rate of them at the moment? Also whats the dif between this cab and a toyota LN107? Please be kind enough to enlighten me. cheers for the suppor guys

• 6 months later...

Deari autolanka members!

Can anybody tell me the difference between LN107, 109 & 166 toyota hilux cabS which is manufacture in 1991 to 1998. And which model is the best option?? search option doesn't help me..

Thanks

Rajinda

Deari autolanka members!

Can anybody tell me the difference between LN107, 109 & 166 toyota hilux cabS which is manufacture in 1991 to 1998. And which model is the best option?? search option doesn't help me..

Thanks

Rajinda

106 and 107 have the same body but different suspension. 106 has live axles and leaf springs all round so its not very comfortable but better off road somewhat. 107 has independent front suspension (still leafs at the back) so it is more comfy. Both are powered by the 2.8 Litre diesel engine with engine code "3L"

In addition 106 has manually locking front hubs while most 107s lock automatically

107s all came down as recon imports, The Brand new imports were always LN106s. 107 usually have nicer interiors than the 106s which are pretty basic. Some cabs have been fitted with power windows and such later.

There's also an LN109 which was a high spec version with a 2.4 litre Turbo diesel engine and even an auto gearbox. Rare and quite expensive.

The 16x series is the replacement for the above models so it will be newer. Speaking from memory the 166 has the same engine as the above models the 2.8 Litre "3L" coded diesel engine. the 166 came with Torsion bar front suspension and leafs at the back so it will be more comfortable than the 106s. Brand new imported 166s will also only have basic equipment so they wont be as plush as the 107/109

"Best" depends on what you'll be using it for. 106's are the most durable because of the simple suspension but parts are harder to find because there are no recon parts imported from japan (suspension, steering etc). 107 parts are usually available at delkanda, panchikawatta etc. 166s are newer so may have run less.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...