• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vios Modification Help

kasunj

Hi Guys

Recently I purchased 2003 VIOS. There are couple of things I need to modify.

1. I need more ground clearance from front. Because of the original body kit it doesn’t have much space. Is there any place to replace the buffer with more ground clearance? There are enough places for fiber works. But I prefer original Toyota buffer.

2. VIOS usually comes with leather seats which I doesn’t like much. I planning to put fabric seat covers over the leather seats. Will it looks fine like original fabric seats? When a called a shop doing seat covers, they said it looks fine and cost will be 20k for Japanese material. Is the cost reasonable?

3. I saw few VIOS cars with Teak Interior. Where can I get it done?

Please help me.

1. Remove the body kit.

2. cloth seat covers on top of leather gets really uncomfortable unless you remove the original leather or get a cover with enough backing and sticks to the seat well.

3. Go to a timber store and get a few feet of teak planks :)

• Like 1

The body kit is easily removed, they are all fixed with size 10/12 bolts. It cost me 11k to put seat covers in my car. No idea where the material comes from but its effective plus the colour matches the exterior. Wood effect parts are mostly on the early 2003 models, but I believe you can buy them here, as a friend of mine is considering replacing the silver effect trim as well.

One of those body part shops in delkanda will probably change your body-kit bumper with a stock bumper for free, but if U were you I would drive more carefully.

Again replacing leather with fabric is downgrading. sing covers is gonna be tricky cos the covers will slip and slide on the seat all the time.

Frankly the vios is not a rare car; you would be better off selling your car and buying a stock car at a lower price.

One of those body part shops in delkanda will probably change your body-kit bumper with a stock bumper for free, but if U were you I would drive more carefully.

Again replacing leather with fabric is downgrading. sing covers is gonna be tricky cos the covers will slip and slide on the seat all the time.

Frankly the vios is not a rare car; you would be better off selling your car and buying a stock car at a lower price.

Watchman is correct, rather messing up with the Vios, sell it and let someone whom likes it have it. There are many stock cars fitting to your preference, if you like Toyota 121, Carina are options. Even you may find a good 110 (but ground clearance is not that great). If you have higher budget and if you do not mind 1.3 engine Yaris and Belta will do.

Watchman is correct, rather messing up with the Vios, sell it and let someone whom likes it have it. There are many stock cars fitting to your preference, if you like Toyota 121, Carina are options. Even you may find a good 110 (but ground clearance is not that great). If you have higher budget and if you do not mind 1.3 engine Yaris and Belta will do.

......and here you are asking everyone else to stay on topic.

1. Remove the body kit.

2. cloth seat covers on top of leather gets really uncomfortable unless you remove the original leather or get a cover with enough backing and sticks to the seat well.

3. Go to a timber store and get a few feet of teak planks :)

Hi Jdent

Front buffer comes with bodykit and shel. So i need a buffer and shel replcement. Is VIOS comes without body kits?

To reiterate myself, the body kit can be removed from the bumpers. Then the car will look like a regular Vios without the body kit. All five pieces (side skirting, rear bumper flares and front lip) are removable. I've had the skirting removed at the garage to examine the rocker panels for damage/corrosion.

can we fix qulity fog lights to vios. mine vios light is very bad.. cant see in road very well

The chances are that either :

1 - your headlight lenses REALLY need to be cleaned

2- your headlights are not pointed at the correct angle

3- you have night blindness.