• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Converting To Power Shutters

arunajn

Question

Dear Experts,

Could you please advise me whether we can convert Manual shutters to power shutters ? My car is Mazda Demio 2001 without power shutters. If anyone can help me on this? If this is possible, how much will be the cost?

Thanks in advance for your kind advise...

Aruna

5 answers to this question

Yep like cdj said if you can exchange your doors with ones that have power shutters it would look like a factory fitted car.

But if that's not an option due to cost or unavailability of parts you can always go to a place in Darley road and get them fitted, sun l*nka and the nearby place called aj*th motors has them and a lot of other places might also have them. You wont get the factory fitted look though, the buttons will look a bit odd i must say.

I dont know the current prices exactly but some time back it cost a friend of mine about 15,000 so expect a little more than that for the job.

hmm its great if u can findout recondition couple of doors because it gives u the best quality as well as the oem standard right and even u can trade in ur couple of doors to a couple of power doors

Yep like cdj said if you can exchange your doors with ones that have power shutters it would look like a factory fitted car.

But if that's not an option due to cost or unavailability of parts you can always go to a place in Darley road and get them fitted, sun l*nka and the nearby place called aj*th motors has them and a lot of other places might also have them. You wont get the factory fitted look though, the buttons will look a bit odd i must say.

I dont know the current prices exactly but some time back it cost a friend of mine about 15,000 so expect a little more than that for the job.

Thank You cdj & Stig...

I have seen some Power Shutter switches for sale on ebay. Do you think If we buy the switch, can above places fix the mechanism?

Any way, I'll check with above places.

If anyone knows any place around Negombo please let me know.

Thanks

Thank You cdj & Stig...

I have seen some Power Shutter switches for sale on ebay. Do you think If we buy the switch, can above places fix the mechanism?

Any way, I'll check with above places.

If anyone knows any place around Negombo please let me know.

Thanks

I dont think they would be too happy about fitting third party equipment under their name, some also give a warranty so i dont think they can guarantee the quality of third party parts.