• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hope To Buy Nissan Primera P11

sanny

Question

18 answers to this question

Since the 7 years are up for this model, you do not have to pay tax. However if the previous owner has not paid, then you will have to pay at the time of transfer.

I had a 2 litre manual 1997 model. Simply the finest car I have ever owned. It does around 10kmpl. Parts are available, however suspension parts are expensive. In 2007 it cost around 80K to fix the front only.

Pinoeer Motors and Delkanda places have most of the parts.

If your car has the SR20DE engine, you are all set to own one of Japan's finest cars.

• Like 1

It's a manual car. CVT box issue is not applicable.

If the registration book has 1798CC or 1799CC, then there is no luxury tax for this car. However, if the registration book also indicates 1830CC, then you need to ask the luxury tax reciepts from the seller. Pls note that there's a penalty for late payments of luxury tax.

All the best.

• Like 1

VVTi, crosswind n malaka 2. thank yo ol.

my budget is 1.2mil, so i got

1994 (18-) single carb EG8 foe 1.1mil (have to paint it n cost will be 75k)

and this nissan primera p11 for 1.2mil.

(those car 2 different cars). um not worry about fuel consumption if its done 10kmpl. but i think about maintenance cost, suspension case, tax case (if P11),

please now tell me better 1.

n malaka2 tax have 2 yearly.

Look, if the car tax issue is sorted, the P11 will be a far superior car to own than carb driven EG8. Youa re not going to get any better fuel figures from your EG8.

But then in the end it your decision.

I didn't remember the exact amount but sure it below Rs.30,000. Some guys will say that you can wave off penalty chargers by talking to the authorities in DMV. But please don't go to that option. may be you could wave it out but later some day if inquire or auditor catch it definitely it will be your fault of misleading them. The seat who wave it off never get the responsibility.

(10000+5000)+(7500+3750)=26250

If I'm not mistaken this will be your charge for tax.

Edited by Malaka2
  • Like 1

ado sanny.. seems like its gonna be a fine option

but lets see weather you will buy it before i come ;)

(fyi i think he already paid a advance to this car so guess ita a good decision after all)

• Like 1

Are you a government worker malaka2 or 5 what so ever???? Let the government do the calculation... coz that's not true.

Sheesh someone is pissed yelling on all the threads, is it that time of the month ? :mosking:

Edited by The Stig

It's a manual car. CVT box issue is not applicable.

If the registration book has 1798CC or 1799CC, then there is no luxury tax for this car. However, if the registration book also indicates 1830CC, then you need to ask the luxury tax reciepts from the seller. Pls note that there's a penalty for late payments of luxury tax.

All the best.

There were three different engines close to 1.8L? :o