• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New F10 Bmw 528

evilbear8

Dear all,

Just joined the forum. Actually I'm not from Sri Lanka, but wanted to inquire what are the standard specs of the 528 vs the 520. Does the 528 in Sri Lanka have the professional navi with 10.2" Lcd standard with reverse camera, comfort access, sports auto, etc? Reason I ask is because the authorised dealer where I'm from said there was a batch of 528s coming in that were originally destined for sri lankaat discount as they are going to be used for some high level function and gave me first dibbs. I'm contemplating on taking a black on cinnamon brown 528 but wanted to know what equipment it will have. Assistance would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately my sales lady and the sales manager from BMW SEA told me that they are unable to confirm the equipment until it arrives at the destination. They were only able to confirm the colours.

They had a batch of 520s come in from germany that was originally destined for singapore singapore with sat nav, comfort access, loud speakers when the invoices did not indicate those functions on there. As a result they do not want to comment on equipment til they arrive. All i got out of them was colour and the car's original destination. Thats the reason why im inquring through the forum atm.

Your question is fair enough. I don't know if any forum members own an F10 528. You can ring the local BM agent and see if u can get an authoritative response. For best results, pretend to be a potential customer.

+94 - 11 - 2 875 666

Edited by Crosswind

Dear all,

Just joined the forum. Actually I'm not from Sri Lanka, but wanted to inquire what are the standard specs of the 528 vs the 520. Does the 528 in Sri Lanka have the professional navi with 10.2" Lcd standard with reverse camera, comfort access, sports auto, etc? Reason I ask is because the authorised dealer where I'm from said there was a batch of 528s coming in that were originally destined for sri lankaat discount as they are going to be used for some high level function and gave me first dibbs. I'm contemplating on taking a black on cinnamon brown 528 but wanted to know what equipment it will have. Assistance would be much appreciated!

The last 528i F10 batch (the new 2.0L batch) which was here did not come with the 10.2" professional navi and DVD screen with reverse cam. Came with the normal 7" screen. I think it has comfort access, and dynamic damper control but not too sure about it. I can confirm that it does have the sports auto with steering wheel shift peddles, sunroof, and 18" alloys. The 520i comes without those features, but It does have the normal 8 speed auto, and the standard 17" wheels. Hope this helps.

Edited by g-unit

Dear all,

if you dont mind me asking... which country are you from?

The high level function story sounds typical Govt tying to waste public money.... , they did the same for the IIFA awards....

But on a seperate note the last Sunday papers had advertised the Hybrid version of the 5 series....

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

I come from Brunei so was wondering about the spec. Based on how much they charge you guys for the 528 over in Sri Lanka, you'd think they would give you atleast professional navi + reverse camera. In Brunei you could get cars that are quarter the price of the 528 with reverse camera so its quite strange that they dont provide it and is kinda a bit of a rip off!

Not too keen on the sun roof, especially considering how hot it gets over here. Sigh, shoulda gone with the 520s when I had the chance, they were spec'd up the gazoo and were considerably lower in cost price.

The high level function story sounds typical Govt tying to waste public money.... , they did the same for the IIFA awards....

But on a seperate note the last Sunday papers had advertised the Hybrid version of the 5 series....

Thats the first time that ive seen a sri lankan car ad with 0-60mph figures. :)

Before the tax went up it was 17mn + VAT if i remeber correctly ... Still more expensive than the normal 5 series

So just wanted to confirm that sri lankan spec 528s dont even come with a reverse cam on the vehicle? sounds like a hong kong and uk spec'd 5 series. quite bare bones =( bit disappointed that a car of this price range and size doesnt have reverse cam as standard. Guess they're peddling the brand rather than the tech.

So just wanted to confirm that sri lankan spec 528s dont even come with a reverse cam on the vehicle? sounds like a hong kong and uk spec'd 5 series. quite bare bones =( bit disappointed that a car of this price range and size doesnt have reverse cam as standard. Guess they're peddling the brand rather than the tech.

most cars in that range dont.. the mercs the audi's & bm's.... even the s class does not come with... the broucher clearly says its an option

^

hmmm. In Brunei, both the gs, a6 and eclass counterparts have reverse cam as standard. So its out of the ordinary to find the 528 not to include a reverse cam as standard. Going to see if the dealer can install it. The malaysian dealers seem to do it for customers.

Hi,

Have you had a look at the local agents website. There is a brochure to download and shows standard and optional items.

http://www.prestigegroup.lk/5_series/sedan/overview.htm

According to this the pro nav, reverse cam etc are all optional. I have a uk 520d and the specs are pretty much similar to the uk cars apart from a few things (run flat tyres, ddc with sport auto box etc) according to the brochure.

^

Hi there, I have actually looked at the catalogue, but believe thats the generic BMW catalog as there are astrisks for disclaimers referencing availability of options in different countries. The cars are spec'd differently according to country. For example I believe if you go on the BMW singapore or SE asia website, they say almost everything is optional but if you go to the dealer, the cars are usually spec'd up in accordance to region.

In sg for example they have on their 520s comfort access, sports auto, extended black panel display, extended aircon, navi.

in hk, they have diff configs of 520 where they include sports auto, sunroof, reverse cam using 7" screen but no navi.

Thx for the reply though.