• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input

Jay Serasinghe

Question

Dear Experts,

I have a problem with my car. Nissan FB15 automatic tranny.

P0708 = Transmission Range Sensor Circuit High Input.

The car shift weird, like it didn't know what gear it wanted to be in and all of a sudden the rpms would go really high, like the transmission downshifted, then back to normal. Also the OD Off indicator blinks when the OD is set to ON.

will this be solved after replacing the Transmission Range Sensor?

Transmission Range Sensor is also called as the CAM Position Sensor?

Appreciate ur help on this.

5 answers to this question

That seems about right, your transmission has no idea where the shift points are so its basically shooting in the dark. The cam position sensor (also known as the cam angle sensor) is different, but the FB15 did have an issue with that as well, on the QD15 engines. But your issue lies not with that.

I would advise against running it like this, apart from taking it to the garage to get it fixed. It will definitely affect the gearbox due to its erratic shifting behaviour. Your issue might most probably a simple one where the connector is loose, rather than a bad sensor.