• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Heating After Changing Coolent

sampa

Question

Hi all,

is there is possibility of engine getting heat after changing the coolent. Machanic told this can happen since onece you flush the old coolent from the radiator Air will get fill in due to this the engine can get heated. Is this true guyes

Thanks for your thourghts

Sampa

10 answers to this question

Hi all,

is there is possibility of engine getting heat after changing the coolent. Machanic told this can happen since onece you flush the old coolent from the radiator Air will get fill in due to this the engine can get heated. Is this true guyes

Sampa

i doubt a few air bubbles in the system can overheat and engine. after the engine is heated up, any stuck air bubbles will be vented out.

What you'd have to do is to keep and eye on the coolant level and top up as necessary...especially the first few days after a complete flush.

Sometimes meddling with the radiator cap during these flushing sessions tend to damage the rubber seal and this might be a reason for any possible heating issues as the system is designed to run at a certain pressure for optimal cooling.

Hi all,

Sampa

Ok, What i'm going to say is a theory probably not the cause in your case..

I think you flushed the system before adding coolant. that means may be, after the flush some metal residue or corrosion metal part from Radiator can clog the sytem. If that's the cause you will get a heat up. So Remove the coolant to a basin and see if there any residue with it. If it it flush it again and fill up. (Remember this might be the problem, NOT the only)

I also experienced this after changing coolent. That was because I didn't care about the label of coolent bottle which stated the directions to use it. It recommended to used the coolant to water propotion of 50:50. but i used it without water. :speechless-smiley-004:

Better to check this.

• Like 1

your mechanic is 100% correct. if it overheats after changine coolant its air in your cooling system. air cannot cool the engine and it kind of restricst the flow of coolant. best thing to do is put the heater to the High and open the radiator cap and let it run until it bleed it self out. some cars that dont have a radiator cap comes with a bleeder screw.