• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Center Locking

ashan82

Dear Members

my MAZDA familia 2003, remote key is only to lock / unlock and no other security system. I want your advice before i go to an electrician, (Since electrician can do this without thinking the other facts of this and hope to see you members opinion before)

1. how to set / best way to set, center locking feature to come automatically when we push break pedal.

2. If we set so what will be the disadvantages, since there is no separate security system fixed to the car

(Since electrician can do this without thinking the other facts of this and hope to see you members opinion before)

Thanks

Dear Members

my MAZDA familia 2003, remote key is only to lock / unlock and no other security system. I want your advice before i go to an electrician, (Since electrician can do this without thinking the other facts of this and hope to see you members opinion before)

1. how to set / best way to set, center locking feature to come automatically when we push break pedal.

2. If we set so what will be the disadvantages, since there is no separate security system fixed to the car

(Since electrician can do this without thinking the other facts of this and hope to see you members opinion before)

Thanks

Don;t do that to break. Its not safe in emergency, try speedometer,(when exceed 20kmPh) or something similar.

I'm sorry, your question is a bit hard to understand.

1. AFAIK the lock sets when you reach a specific speed on most vehicles. I don't believe the 323 has this feature.

I think the best thing for you to do is hhithe lock button when you are in the car and stop worrying about little things like this.

I'm sorry, your question is a bit hard to understand.

1. AFAIK the lock sets when you reach a specific speed on most vehicles. I don't believe the 323 has this feature.

I think the best thing for you to do is hhithe lock button when you are in the car and stop worrying about little things like this.

He wants to modify Central locking to his break pedal.

Thanks T-Bag, do you know how to set this out?

Once my friend did that to his vitz. not a DIY job. but he is a electrician in motor mechanic. Newer Car's speedometer works with a digital sensor no cable, So he tweak the ECU wiring system by taping the wires. honestly I don't know how. Don't try it yourself. May be good electrician can do it that you know.

Once my friend did that to his vitz. not a DIY job. but he is a electrician in motor mechanic. Newer Car's speedometer works with a digital sensor no cable, So he tweak the ECU wiring system by taping the wires. honestly I don't know how. Don't try it yourself. May be good electrician can do it that you know.

Ok.Thanks for the advice. seeking luck from other members

i didnt really get your question, but the break pedal thing doesnt come to the 323 as standard.

i fixed an after market security system that has that feature. your best bet is to replace with a new security system

and as far as i understood what you asked..

if the doors are locked, u can always unlock with your hand and it will only lock if the engine is switched on

and the doors will automatically unlock when you turn off the ignition

Its available in my aftermarket securiy system which is a steelmate . It activates the central locking with the first press of the brake pedal after 30sec from engine start.Actually i just bought it to do basic locking-unlocking and came with some additional features like this. it costs around 6000 about 1y back!

thanks Schiffer & H.C. i know that's available in the market

what i want to check with you guys is any method to set that center locking system to work automatically when we drive the car (without doing it manually or going for aftermarket security system)

Don;t do that to break. Its not safe in emergency, try speedometer,(when exceed 20kmPh) or something similar.

There are aftermarket security systems that have this feature. It locks the doors the first time you use your breaks. And as long as all four doors remain locked, whenever you apply breaks again, the system wont try to lock the doors. I dont see how that can be unsafe in an emergency! You can manually open the doors anytime you want.

I have one of these systems in my truck.

And as for "speedlock" systems...it's pretty old tech. My older 93 sprinter had it from factory. It has the throttle cable and not a speedsensor. I never did get to check how it worked and gave the factory manual away when i sold the car. So way of checking it now either!

And as for OP"s querry.

You can wire up the break light wiring via a relay to you locking mechanism so that eachtime you apply brakes, the car gets locked.

Only hitch is, this will be continious. meaning, each time u apply the brakes...power will be supplied to door actuators.

I dont see how you can resolve that without having some electronics to "sense" when doors are locked or not.

If i were you, and if your present system doesn't offer auto locking on braking...i wouldn't muck around with ECU wiring etc.

in my experience, good auto electricians are an ultra rare species. Most people will strip wire and try to tap into circuits without even knowing what they are actually doing.

I had to un-do fair bit of wiring effups on my vehicles and i tend to do it by myself after getting my hands on proper wiring diagrams

There are aftermarket security systems that have this feature. It locks the doors the first time you use your breaks. And as long as all four doors remain locked, whenever you apply breaks again, the system wont try to lock the doors. I dont see how that can be unsafe in an emergency! You can manually open the doors anytime you want.

And as for "speedlock" systems...it's pretty old tech. My older 93 sprinter had it from factory. It has the throttle cable and not a speedsensor. I never did get to check how it worked and gave the factory manual away when i sold the car. So way of checking it now either!

And as for OP"s querry.

You can wire up the break light wiring via a relay to you locking mechanism so that eachtime you apply brakes, the car gets locked.

Only hitch is, this will be continious. meaning, each time u apply the brakes...power will be supplied to door actuators.

I dont see how you can resolve that without having some electronics to "sense" when doors are locked or not.

If i were you, and if your present system doesn't offer auto locking on braking...i wouldn't muck around with ECU wiring etc.

in my experience, good auto electricians are an ultra rare species. Most people will strip wire and try to tap into circuits without even knowing what they are actually doing.

I had to un-do fair bit of wiring effups on my vehicles and i tend to do it by myself after getting my hands on proper wiring diagrams

You proved my point in your own post. After market product something that we can use with little bit trust. But this guy don't want 3rd party applications. He need to tripwire the system to get what he wants. I said not to do it on brakes, and its harmless on speedometer.. As you said if its on brake he can't open the door to passenger while in brake.

You proved my point in your own post. After market product something that we can use with little bit trust. But this guy don't want 3rd party applications. He need to tripwire the system to get what he wants. I said not to do it on brakes, and its harmless on speedometer.. As you said if its on brake he can't open the door to passenger while in brake.

And as for OP"s querry.

Dear Ripper Ripper T-Bag

Thanks for your lovely suggestions and advises. As you explained Ripper, that's why i open this post to get AL EXPERTS advises before i go for that. Im also bit confuse one more area as if we connect this break signal to lock system through a relay without a sensor, it will continue passing signals, may mess up whole system that it wouldn't allow us to open the doors even if we stop the car but keep pushing the break pedal

So i guess only option available is go for aftermarket security system which offer this feature or do the thing by manually

eh???

dude...there are no fancy stuff at work here. The manual unlocking overrides the motor driven one. So Unless you're trying to open the door while you're holding down the brake pedal, there's nothing stopping you from opening the doors.

And tapping into ECU wiring so it works off the speedo will require some electronics. You think stock ECU is setup to give a signal at 20kmh or whatever speed to lock the doors?

Speed sensors can sense speeds yes. but it's not designed to power up auxiliary circuits.

Unless it came as a factory options with a BCM, you cant wire locking actuators to work off an ECU or speed sensor for that matter

ashan82 got my point and I shared my info with him. That's all I care about.

I'm a rapist and all you guys are engineers.. Sorry again, my bad...

That's fine by me but there is no way to hook up door actuators to the ECU without any electronics sitting in between the two.

I dont know whether you know about auto electricians in SL but from my experience, working with ECU's and "tapping into them" is not something folks are good at.

I'd love to be proven wrong!

Edited by Ripper

What i undastand simply is you need a auto lock facility for your car. which similar to speed lock. there are some products in market, once you start the engine your C\L system will lock all the doors automaticaly after few seconds( like 30 seconds) when shut down the engine will do the opposite. in between that if you require to unlock any door you can use the unlock button in your driver side door.good electrician can fix this with out any issue. just 2,3 hours jobs. my 2 cents.

Mine lock when I shift into D and unlock in P. But if I use door central lock switch to unlock/lock all the doors, then the auto function is overridden till the car is started up the next time. Why not get that done instead? Tapping contacts on the gear selector has got to be much easier than hacking into the ECU. Besides, in reply to a question I had posted elsewhere some time ago it was mentioned the window and central locking functions were controlled by the Body Control Module in the car, so you'd probably have to hack into both and create a new interface between the two.

• Like 2

It's kinda hard to believe a 2003 car doesn't have speed locking factory fitted :)

forget speedlock, some brand new imports are low spec to the point they dont even have power mirrors! :)

• Like 1

forget speedlock, some brand new imports are low spec to the point they dont even have power mirrors! :)

Word. Power mirrors and A/C are a must imho, and power steering if anything larger than a car.