• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Low Fuel Efficiancy For Eg8

sammycajer

Hey Guys, I bought an eg8 single carb ride 3 months ago & observed fuel efficiency is very low. seems to be working 6-7 per Letre (260 km for full tank). observed there is a small miss also but in most of times water comes out from the silencer. Hey guys pls help with this & tell what can be the issue.. is there any good mechanics to check this issue???

Hey Guys, I bought an eg8 single carb ride 3 months ago & observed fuel efficiency is very low. seems to be working 6-7 per Letre (260 km for full tank). observed there is a small miss also but in most of times water comes out from the silencer. Hey guys pls help with this & tell what can be the issue.. is there any good mechanics to check this issue???

May be it's the time for a proper tuneup/carburetor rebuild

bro, this may be somewhat useful. sometimes its not advisable to check the accuracy of fuel consumption by running the car to the lowest level of fuel in the tank. 6-7 is not acceptable by any terms. just try to fill the tank, run for 100 kms, fill it up from the same petrol station, and even then if u dont get atleast 8-10 , then u need to do a tune up

cheerz

• Like 1

Thank u Guys for the valuable advices.. can u pls tell me about a good mechanic to check this issue. i live in colombo.. is there any possibility to happen this because of a petral leak from carb, since i can smell the petrel scent sometimes after a ride.. appricaiate again ur help..

Smell is not coming from exhaust (working arround 260km per full tank).. Any mechanics to check my car??? pls give me a contact.. is it ok to check the issue with a normal mechanic???

How is the condition of the petrol tank?.Check for the leaks from the tank & also check the petrol lines connecting to petrol pump(situated in the engine bay just in between carb and engine) and carb. I think your eg need a proper tuneup including a carb repair.Theres a repair kit available at tech motors includes all the packings,springs,jet,etc..which costs around 2-3k. Its better you can find a guy who knows D15b3 carb cause its a bit complicated one with stuff like power valve, thermo valve,auto choke and lot of vacum lines.

How is the condition of the petrol tank?.Check for the leaks from the tank & also check the petrol lines connecting to petrol pump(situated in the engine bay just in between carb and engine) and carb. I think your eg need a proper tuneup including a carb repair.Theres a repair kit available at tech motors includes all the packings,springs,jet,etc..which costs around 2-3k. Its better you can find a guy who knows D15b3 carb cause its a bit complicated one with stuff like power valve, thermo valve,auto choke and lot of vacum lines.

Thanks for the immediate response bro.. as you said, observed a very small petrol leack from carb packings.. can this be the reson for the small miss, currently im facing??? can u suggest a good mechanic to check this out.. If u have any, pls give me a contact pls.. coz i dnt knw much about honda.. appriciate the help..

machan im suffering the same problem u get...my one also geting water but only doing 6-7 maxium..but i recently changed my air filter to vic genune one..now seems little bit improvemnt..maybe 8kmpl..i think its better to repair my carb first...

and one thing i ddi ecotset last week..and as results wthn idle my hc 400 and 2500rpm its reduced 140...i surfed web and metion it was a spark and idle valve problem....

do you guys know any plz to buy IAC valve buy..???

hey guyz plz tell us a good mechanic to resolve thes problem...

machan im suffering the same problem u get...my one also geting water but only doing 6-7 maxium..but i recently changed my air filter to vic genune one..now seems little bit improvemnt..maybe 8kmpl..i think its better to repair my carb first...

and one thing i ddi ecotset last week..and as results wthn idle my hc 400 and 2500rpm its reduced 140...i surfed web and metion it was a spark and idle valve problem....

do you guys know any plz to buy IAC valve buy..???

hey guyz plz tell us a good mechanic to resolve thes problem...

Hello

kmcsb and sammycajer

I had same problem and i told kmcsb i have done first first tuneup from local mechanic from Kiribathgoda but it wasnt success. Thats y i didnt give u that contact.

This time i tuneup again my eg8 from Mr. Mxxxo from Axtxtexxix , That contact given by Mr. silvy from my previous post.

At the moment it running ok. But couldnt get exact fuel con.becos this high traffics on my roots. i will let you know that tuneup is better or nothing :)

Cheers

Thanks for the immediate response bro.. as you said, observed a very small petrol leack from carb packings.. can this be the reson for the small miss, currently im facing??? can u suggest a good mechanic to check this out.. If u have any, pls give me a contact pls.. coz i dnt knw much about honda.. appriciate the help..

Mate, my mechanic is superb, but his garage is at Horana. There are few honda guys around colombo like upul-malabe and waruna- kesbewa. I think you can find futher details by searching a bit, as this topic has been discussed before.

Mate, my mechanic is superb, but his garage is at Horana. There are few honda guys around colombo like upul-malabe and waruna- kesbewa. I think you can find futher details by searching a bit, as this topic has been discussed before.

Thanks Buddy..

Hello

kmcsb and sammycajer

I had same problem and i told kmcsb i have done first first tuneup from local mechanic from Kiribathgoda but it wasnt success. Thats y i didnt give u that contact.

This time i tuneup again my eg8 from Mr. Mxxxo from Axtxtexxix , That contact given by Mr. silvy from my previous post.

At the moment it running ok. But couldnt get exact fuel con.becos this high traffics on my roots. i will let you know that tuneup is better or nothing :)

Cheers

Thanks Bro..

Quote : but in most of times water comes out from the silencer. ???

Water in the silencer does not show a good sign always. The Water is a by product of internal combustion. At the first few minutes it appear as water ,when the engine temperature /exaust pipe temperature rises it vanishes and appear as steam which is not visible.

In cold countries and cold environments,you can see condensed steams again appear near silencer end as a smoke, but it is still water in another form.

The Engines running at high fuel ratios (A faulty condition - cooler engine) also attribute water in the silencer for prolong periods. Then how can anybody say, it is correctly tuned engine?.

This is a wrongly understood factor !

Sammycajer : Overhaul and clean your carb. See the conditions of ignition leads too.

Edited by Rohnd