• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

S.o.s

dpk

Hi, U All

i own a nissan presea R10 with GA15DS(carb) i found a faulty in alternator and then replace with a reconditioned one i fixed it n try to start but only engine cranks i checked following items

• all fuse + relays
  • loose connections
  • delco
  • sprk plugs
  • fule pump
  • carb

i kept car under the hood abt one month due to fault alternator

note- in pervious alternator charging bulb gose off but batt was not charge when start.but after put new one(alternator) charging bulb not lit at all even ignition on. i checked d bulb it is ok.

my qustion is cant we start the engine with out a alternator?

im stuck here please help experts!!!

Thanx

Hi, U All

i own a nissan presea R10 with GA15DS(carb) i found a faulty in alternator and then replace with a reconditioned one i fixed it n try to start but only engine cranks i checked following items

• all fuse + relays
  • loose connections
  • delco
  • sprk plugs
  • fule pump
  • carb

note- in pervious alternator charging bulb gose off but batt was not charge when start.but after put new one(alternator) charging bulb not lit at all even ignition on. i checked d bulb it is ok.

Thanx

The engine will start without an alternator. And even a starter motor. If the engine is not turning over at all probably the battery does not have enough charge to turn the starter motor. Try push starting instead......

Hi, U All

• all fuse + relays
  • loose connections
  • delco
  • sprk plugs
  • fule pump
  • carb

Thanx

Im not entirely sure what exactly your question is but if its "cant we start the engine with out a alternator", yes you can but you cant keep the car running for long cause the battery would drain but the battery might have enough juice to make it to a nearby garage. But if the question is "can i use the car without an alternator forever" the answer is no cause when the battery is fully depleted the car wont start at all.

Maybe if you can be a little bit more clearer on what the exact problem is we can assist you further :)