• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rev Limiter Question

jdnet

So I noticed this issue sometime back but never really paid attention to it. Basically I can't rev my tribute beyond 4000 in neutral. I do understand that there is a rev limiter in the truck but from what I read it only limits it in park and should not do anything in neutral. No problems when the transmission is in drive. I'm basically wondering if this is actually a IAC issue. Any ideas?

Can you feel the rev limiter coming into play? If you have no trouble revving beyond 4k in drive, then it's probably nothing to worry about. It's probably a mechanism to limit damage to the transmission in case you shift into gear, since pressing the release button is not required for D <-> N.

So I noticed this issue sometime back but never really paid attention to it. Basically I can't rev my tribute beyond 4000 in neutral. I do understand that there is a rev limiter in the truck but from what I read it only limits it in park and should not do anything in neutral. No problems when the transmission is in drive. I'm basically wondering if this is actually a IAC issue. Any ideas?

According to what I know Petrols reach there Rev limiter at 6000rpm, and diesels at 4000rpm.

As I think that you aborted the convertion it must be petrol.

Tryed to do a Burnout in the auto Ay..

According to what I know Petrols reach there Rev limiter at 6000rpm, and diesels at 4000rpm.

As I think that you aborted the convertion it must be petrol.

Tryed to do a Burnout in the auto Ay..

well from all the info I read it seems ford keeps it at 4k. It's still a petrol since I decided to abort the conversion mission for certain reasons.

And no I didn't try to do a burnout. Lol. Found the issue while spraying down the throttle with carb cleaner and revving it up.

Can you feel the rev limiter coming into play? If you have no trouble revving beyond 4k in drive, then it's probably nothing to worry about. It's probably a mechanism to limit damage to the transmission in case you shift into gear, since pressing the release button is not required for D <-> N.

Well I can feel the limiter kicking in and I think you are right it does kick in on neutral. I guess there must be a bit of misinformation on it around the internets. I think I'll just ignore it now and worry about the two dozen or so other problems I need to fix.

Thanks for the info.