• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alternator External Regulator

tirantha2

Question

In my car alternator internal regulator is not working properly.. So I decided to put external regulator .I brought 12v a regulator from market , In that regulator has 4 wires called +,F,A,- . After by passing internal regulator I got out 3 wires from alternator thats are 2 wires from field coil and other wire is get from via 3 diodes.

1). Anyone knows what is the meaning of +,F,A,- ( I guess "F" is field) ?

2.) What terminal are we supposed to connect via voltage regulator (positive or negative) ?

3.)If anyone has schematic or something ?

thanx

Edited by tirantha2

5 answers to this question

Go visit the nearest auto electric shop before your external regulator start draining currency from your wallet in high capacity. You can be a happy spectator there rather than being a sad weekend DIY fail.Just a friendly advice mate! Love it or leave it.

MINIACE

• Like 2

In my car alternator internal regulator is not working properly.. So I decided to put external regulator .I brought 12v a regulator from market , In that regulator has 4 wires called +,F,A,- . After by passing internal regulator I got out 3 wires from alternator thats are 2 wires from field coil and other wire is get from via 3 diodes.

1). Anyone knows what is the meaning of +,F,A,- ( I guess "F" is field) ?

2.) What terminal are we supposed to connect via voltage regulator (positive or negative) ?

3.)If anyone has schematic or something ?

thanx

Did you sort out your problem Ithink you called me in the morning.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

If the vehicle is low tech in terms of electronics and more importantly, you know what you're doing...hooking up an external voltage regulator is not biggie.

I've done it a few times on my bikes without any issues :)

• Like 1

If the vehicle is low tech in terms of electronics and more importantly, you know what you're doing...hooking up an external voltage regulator is not biggie.

I've done it a few times on my bikes without any issues :)

'Ripper',

This person had not fitted the unit. he has some dificulty of connecting the A wire.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi