• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tesla Motors - Cars That Will Change The World

Californikan

The 'etc' is all the garages and places that advertise or say they do hybrid service and repair.

By the way, the only option for almost every hybrid owner in the U.S. who want specialized hybrid service and repair is to take their car to the agent. Sri Lankan hybrid drivers have at least twice as many options available to them than most Americans.

Modaya, atleast you should've typed Arabian motors, who started even before Hybrid motors, when others were busting your balls. Shows your knowledge in hybrids, you dumb ass...

Honda , Porche , I'm damn sure you don't know the actual name of the agent companies of these brands

Edited by Warlord
  • Like 1

Tesla is now worth more ($10 billion) than Fiat ($8 billion) and Peugeot-Citroen ($3 billion).

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/14/tesla-motors-now-more-valuable-than-italian-auto-giant-fiat/

Yer none of them got Govt grants also , and BTW Cali, heard the Fisker Joker is probed by the Feds as to what he has done with those tax money of the American citizens. Didn't this appear in the US websites? Try googling...

• Like 1

Yer none of them got Govt grants also , and BTW Cali, heard the Fisker Joker is probed by the Feds as to what he has done with those tax money of the American citizens. Didn't this appear in the US websites? Try googling...

What a fail post. Not only does warlord not know the difference between a grant and a loan, he's getting confused and mixing up Fisker Motors with Tesla Motors. :D

• Like 1

The Model S has outsold the S-class, 7-Series, A8, and Lexus LS so far this year.

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/05/18/tesla-model-s-sales-much-higher-than-similarly-priced-cars-from-mercedes-bmw-and-audi/

image15.jpg?resize=570%2C326

Cali, you know this is an absurd comparison of cars right? And that it just divides Tesla's annual sales target by 4 against actual sales of others? Much more better news would be Tesla's first positive annual results and the upward revision of their sales target (which makes your comparison outdated before it was published).

Anyhow, I'm glad to see you pushing this thread because I can see Musk driving his multiple projects aggressively forward until a real impact would be felt. If anything, he has the nous to do it and it wouldn't do any harm to follow his (& Tesla's progress).

• Like 1

Cali, you know this is an absurd comparison of cars right? And that it just divides Tesla's annual sales target by 4 against actual sales of others? Much more better news would be Tesla's first positive annual results and the upward revision of their sales target (which makes your comparison outdated before it was published).

Anyhow, I'm glad to see you pushing this thread because I can see Musk driving his multiple projects aggressively forward until a real impact would be felt. If anything, he has the nous to do it and it wouldn't do any harm to follow his (& Tesla's progress).

Vishkid, the Model S has outsold the S-Class, 7-Series, A8 and Lexus LS so far this year, as my post reported. Actual Q1 Model S sales were 4900 units, which is a little higher than the forecast, and significantly higher than the S-Class, 7-Series etc.

The next few years will be very interesting as all of Musk's ventures achieved have real momentum now.

• Like 1

I simply love these advertising chaps visuals. The claim is that BMW sold 50% of Teslas numbers? Check out that graphic, does the BMW bar look like 50% of the blue?

Power of graphics.

And are these Merc and BMWs worldwide numbers?

Besides this phrase - “Actual selling prices for the Mercedes S-class sedan start toward the upper end of the Tesla Model S price range, according to the auto pricing Web site TrueCar.com, while prices for the other cars are at the lower end. And nobody gets a $7,500 federal tax credit for a buying an S-class or an A8."

So despite this similarly priced talk, you can only buy a no-option S class for the money of a Tesla? Does the typical S-Class buyer want a no-option car?

I also wonder why Cali has mentioned a Lexus when its not in the graph.

But I don't really, just lead to more cock and bull.

I also wonder why Cali has mentioned a Lexus when its not in the graph.

But I don't really, just lead to more cock and bull.

The Model S outselling the Lexus LS is a fact, and it doesn't need to be in a graph for it to be a fact.

This is your problem. Your attitude of skepticism and disbelief is so strong, that you struggle to accept even the most basic simple correct facts.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/04/17/tesla-outsells-mercedes-audi-bmw-and.html

982149-13686732608281326-Barath-Balu.png

Edited by Californikan

The Model S outselling the Lexus LS is a fact, and it doesn't need to be in a graph for it to be a fact.

This is your problem. Your attitude of skepticism and disbelief is so strong, that you struggle to accept even the most basic simple correct facts.

I never said I doubted the fact, I was pointing out that you were talking about it while introducing an article it wasn't even mentioned in. Its also quite amusing despite your flat statements how each article you quote feel its important to mention a caveat. Which of course, you totally ignore.

Also -

http://autos.yahoo.com/mercedes-benz/s-class/2013/

Unless you try to cheap out while buying an S-Class (not something the typical S-Class buyer does) there seems to be a problem comparing it's sales numbers to a $80k car.

Also -

http://autos.yahoo.com/mercedes-benz/s-class/2013/

Unless you try to cheap out while buying an S-Class (not something the typical S-Class buyer does) there seems to be a problem comparing it's sales numbers to a $80k car.

1) The Model S ranges up to $120,000 fully optioned. A $93,000 S-Class + $27,000 in options = the same price as the Model S.

2) Since the Model S, BMW 7-Series, Audi A8,, Lexus LS (and Jaguar XJ) all start at around $20,000 less than the S-Class , are you saying that it's also a problem to compare the sales numbers of all these vehicles to the S-Class?

• Like 1

Inside the Tesla factory....... bright, airy and clean.

You do realize that all this "brightness" comes from electricity generated most likely by a coal burning power station right? :)

I once read somewhere that some factories saved a massive amount of energy (Electricity) by running their automated production lines with no lighting.. but then again it wont be so photogenic as the Tesla factory, cos that's what seems to matter to people like you :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You do realize that all this "brightness" comes from electricity generated most likely by a coal burning power station right? :)

The Tesla factory gets power from clean geothermal (natural gas) energy. :)

I once read somewhere that some factories saved a massive amount of energy (Electricity) by running their automated production lines with no lighting.. but then again it wont be so photogenic as the Tesla factory, cos that's what seems to matter to people like you :rolleyes:

When Toyota owned the factory it looked like this. Not much different from most car factories in the world.

3056780375_607d75a4e0.jpg

After Tesla bought the factory in 2010 , Musk ordered the entire factory be refurbished, at great cost. Among many other things, he ordered the interior be painted white, the machinery painted Tesla red, skylights be installed to let in natural light, a bright lighting system be put in etc etc.

Why go to such an expense? Musk wanted Tesla employees to have a factory they would look forward to coming to every day and that they could be proud of. The goal is to have the best cars built in the best factory by the best workers. The extra electricity cost and refurbishment cost of all this is small compared to the increases it brings in worker satisfaction, productivity, quality, output, pride and just being world class. :)

Cali,

With a reputation rating of -544 which classifies you as "bad" here on AL how do you expect any one reading your posts to attache any credibility to what you claim????? :action-smiley-012:

Cali,

With a reputation rating of -544 which classifies you as "bad" here on AL how do you expect any one reading your posts to attache any credibility to what you claim????? :action-smiley-012:

CJ5, almost all those reps have been done over the past 12 months by two fellows on personal vendettas- jdnet, and crosswind - who have been abusing the AL voting system for their personal vendettas.

Consider this page where even photos and youtube videos have been voted down, and use your common sense.

Or look at page 2 of this very Tesla thread from a year ago......http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13938-tesla-motors-cars-that-will-change-the-world/page-2 .and see how these fellows have been carrying out their vendetta for almost a year now.

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 3

I must say I was initially very skeptical about Tesla. However some years ago I read a story in CAR magazine and was impressed although still there was some skepticism. Looks like they're finally taking off. I'm quite impressed. I don't think things would have come this far if not for Obama.

CJ5, almost all those reps have been done over the past 12 months by two fellows on personal vendettas- jdnet, and crosswind - who have been abusing the AL voting system for their personal vendettas.

Hey!!! How come you left me out... :(

I must say I was initially very skeptical about Tesla. However some years ago I read a story in CAR magazine and was impressed although still there was some skepticism. Looks like they're finally taking off. I'm quite impressed. I don't think things would have come this far if not for Obama.

Honestly, when you listen to Musk speak, he seems like a pretty down to earth guy who gets a thrill of making big risk moves (into industries).. But when jack-a$$es like like cali idolize him normal people naturally tend to shy away because they dont want to be in Cali's boat.

Hey!!! How come you left me out... :(

Honestly, when you listen to Musk speak, he seems like a pretty down to earth guy who gets a thrill of making big risk moves (into industries).. But when jack-a$$es like like cali idolize him normal people naturally tend to shy away because they dont want to be in Cali's boat.

Interesting how you delude yourself into thinking that you speak for 'normal people'.

• Like 1

Consider this page where even photos and youtube videos have been voted down, and use your common sense.

Or look at page 2 of this very Tesla thread from a year ago......http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/13938-tesla-motors-cars-that-will-change-the-world/page-2 .and see how these fellows have been carrying out their vendetta for almost a year now.

Honorable Moderators,

Here we have a member, Cali, who as we all can see comes out with very informative posts, but unfortunately the credibility of those posts has been left in doubt due to a poor rating which the member claims has been done due to two (or three??) other members abusing the AL voting system for their personal vendettas against Cali. If in your opinion the assertion has credibility shouldn't something be done about it?????

Just a thought, no offense intended and if in your opinion it's none of my business, please pardon me!

• Like 1

Honorable Moderators,

Here we have a member, Cali, who as we all can see comes out with very informative posts, but unfortunately the credibility of those posts has been left in doubt due to a poor rating which the member claims has been done due to two (or three??) other members abusing the AL voting system for their personal vendettas against Cali. If in your opinion the assertion has credibility shouldn't something be done about it?????

Just a thought, no offense intended and if in your opinion it's none of my business, please pardon me!

Well CJ,

If you find his posts very informative, his reputation shouldn't bother you reading them. Right? Just as others have the right to vote him down you can vote him up.

The credibility of his posts was called into question not based on his copy/pasted stuff off the internet, but rather based on his own personal expertise/advice he has shared. My favourite example is when he (being a prius owner himself) didnt know that the prius had hubcaps on its wheels.

PS: Looking forward to the Honourable Joint Moderators' response...

• Like 4

Well CJ,

If you find his posts very informative, his reputation shouldn't bother you reading them. Right? Just as others have the right to vote him down you can vote him up.

The credibility of his posts was called into question not based on his copy/pasted stuff off the internet, but rather based on his own personal expertise/advice he has shared. My favourite example is when he (being a prius owner himself) didnt know that the prius had hubcaps on its wheels.

PS: Looking forward to the Honourable Joint Moderators' response...

What you and your friends are not thinking about is that there are AL members who enjoy this thread.

So why don't you show some respect for other AL members , and piss off.

p.s. Your "favorite example" ? It's actually your only example and it's from over two years go, lol. :wacko2:

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 2

Honorable Moderators,

Thanks CJ.

Interesting isn't it, how Watchman and MasterDon attacked you and defended their friends who are abusing the system, as soon as you spoke up?

Now you can now see the dysfunction of AutoLanka. There are a few (2-6) members on AL with a 'corrupt politician' mentality who think they can dictate what kind of posts and threads should be on AL.

These fellows are the AutoLanka equivalent of dysfunctional corrupt thug politicians, and as everyone can see, they drag down the quality of the entire AL forum to below international forum standards.

Edited by Californikan
  • Like 2