• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Allion

virtu

Question

My father is planing to sell his car and go for a Toyota Allion (2003/2004 models).

Budget is around 37 laks. What are the versions of Allion (is there a G grade,if so what are the additional features that comes in it) ?

Are there any versions having less 2nd hand market? Is the 2004 and 2005 models having less 2nd hand market?

What are the different options that comes in Allions (illumination dash board, ect)?

What is the highest grade of Allion?

Edited by virtu

23 answers to this question

My father is planing to sell his car and go for a Toyota Allion (2003/2004 models).

Budget is around 37 laks. What are the versions of Allion (is there a G grade,if so what are the additional features that comes in it) ?

Are there any versions having less 2nd hand market? Is the 2004 and 2005 models having less 2nd hand market?

What are the different options that comes in Allions (illumination dash board, ect)?

What is the highest grade of Allion?

Is your objective to buy a car, or to buy a mantelpiece to show off to Silva uncle next door? :rolleyes:

Anyway, just go do a search and you'll find enough allion threads.

• Like 1

Try to get a 2005 with the face lift ( If your lucky). Grades are not plated on the body. Just get in a car see for the interior. If you are satisfied buy the car. That would do

If the prices are same go for a face lift

For 3.7mill you can easily get one.

But if the prices are ridiculously high go for pre face lift.

Just some cosmetic mods that you can fix from punchi, and a slight change in the meters that's all.

I would suggest to go for the 1.8 zzt240 model as the 1.5 will be underpowered and will cost more fuel in highway and hill country driving.

And from a luxel experience the 1,8 does better than the 1.5

Also as sri lankan morons who overprice underpowered vehicles

you can snatch a good 1.8 for a pretty lower price, below 3mill for a good 1.8 if you bargain enough.

Don't go for anything above the 4mill mark because you could be reaching for the nzt260 price range.

Ps- A new model will be released in 2013 so prices may drop(if you are considering resale value in choosing an allion)

Just some cosmetic mods that you can fix from punchi, and a slight change in the meters that's all.

I would suggest to go for the 1.8 zzt240 model as the 1.5 will be underpowered and will cost more fuel in highway and hill country driving.

you can snatch a good 1.8 for a pretty lower price, below 3mill for a good 1.8 if you bargain enough.

Don't go for anything above the 4mill mark because you could be reaching for the nzt260 price range.

Ps- A new model will be released in 2013 so prices may drop(if you are considering resale value in choosing an allion)

aren't these Allions in 4 mil range now? you can get hold of W210 E200 Kompressor for that price isnt it?

Why buy an allion at all? they are stupidly overpriced. You can get yourself a nice honda civic fd1 or an fd4 for that budget which is much much better all round.

I certainly agree that FD1 is a better car than Allion 240. But how about the comparison between ZRT260 (A18) and FD1? I know the former costs more but price aside which one is the faster car to 100kph from a stand still? I think the Allion with CVT GB is faster?

Are A18 ZRT 260 prices also considerably less than A15 NZT260s? How much would be well taken care of ZRT 260?

Are A18 ZRT 260 prices also considerably less than A15 NZT260s? How much would be well taken care of ZRT 260?

According to my knowledge 260s are mainly seen in unreg. conditions the ZRT(A18) is a little bit more expensive(lower cif but higher taxes).

But don't know what will happen in the future.

BTW I would recommend that the FD1 or Lancer EX will be better than these allions that are everywhere.

Sorry as for my question on the price, I meant the prices of 2nd hand Allion 260s.

On the subject of FD1 vs, ZRT...

I checked out a few FD1's recently and found the FD1's interior quality quite underwhelming and I think the Honda 5 speed automatic gear box delivers less acceleration to 100kph than Allion A18(260)'s CVT. Why do you reckon FD1 is a better overall car than A18(260)?

I certainly agree that FD1 is a better car than Allion 240. But how about the comparison between ZRT260 (A18) and FD1? I know the former costs more but price aside which one is the faster car to 100kph from a stand still? I think the Allion with CVT GB is faster?

Are you seriously concerned about the 0-100 on an Allion? FFS

@jdnet: I understand what you mean. I am not trying to suggest in anyway that Allion A18 is a fast car in absolute terms. I am just comparing A18 and FD1. Allion is better built, more spacious, far more economical and seemingly faster in speeds accessible on most Sri Lankan roads(up to 100kph) than FD1. So I am trying understand why someone calls FD1 the better car.

@jdnet: I understand what you mean. I am not trying to suggest in anyway that Allion A18 is a fast car in absolute terms. I am just comparing A18 and FD1. Allion is better built, more spacious, far more economical and seemingly faster in speeds accessible on most Sri Lankan roads(up to 100kph) than FD1. So I am trying understand why someone calls FD1 the better car.

@isurujosh

No the A18 ZRT260 is still more expensive than the NZT260 A15.

@vitu

The pre facelift (2003/4) comes with a normal 4speed e-ATx gearbox. and it comes with the same engine in the luxel

there is no point of going for CVT as to me it feels like a vehicle with a worn off clutch when accelerating and if not well maintained it is trouble so best to stay clear because there is the normal auto option in the pre-facelift.

CVT is not an impressive technology when comparing to DSG

the ZRT260 comes with the dual VVTi engine.

Edited by Clark's son

We too like the facelift model, but seems they all goes over 4 million.

Anyway is it true that the 2004/05 model is having a less market value ( one of my friend told me that it is sort of a failure :( ) , is there any known issue in these models or is it the same normal rumors that people spread close to a new version release?

And also all the 2002 to 2004 models are having the same shell/interior or are they also having a difference in the shell/interior?

In the facelift the shell has changed very slightly,

the chrome lines are closer together than the pre-facelift,

And in the rare you have the so called "mal light"

Inside you have a display with the fuel meter and that's all.

The CVT box may be the failure you mentioned, dosen't work fine if not well maintained in other cars but not heard that in allions,

that may be due to allion users never complaining about them considering resale.

And allions are not cars that are usually well maintained so it's risky with CVT,

As I've told earlyer, if the price is above 4mill try to go for a NZT260

@isurujosh

No the A18 ZRT260 is still more expensive than the NZT260 A15.

@vitu

The pre facelift (2003/4) comes with a normal 4speed e-ATx gearbox. and it comes with the same engine in the luxel

there is no point of going for CVT as to me it feels like a vehicle with a worn off clutch when accelerating and if not well maintained it is trouble so best to stay clear because there is the normal auto option in the pre-facelift.

CVT is not an impressive technology when comparing to DSG

the ZRT260 comes with the dual VVTi engine.

Thanks for the information about ZRT prices.

DSG is definitely way better than CVT. But how many bread and butter vehicles sold in Sri Lanka today has DSG? according to my knowledge NONE!

Therefore I think it is incorrect to compare DSG vs. CVT in this context.

CVT is a relatively inexpensive technology that delivers decent fuel consumption. I agree that rubber band effect found in CVT(worn clutch feeling) spoils driving pleasure but overall speaking I think the low down acceleration is better than regular 4spd and 5spd automatics found in direct competitors of bread and butter Toyota's.

The CVT box may be the failure you mentioned, dosen't work fine if not well maintained in other cars but not heard that in allions,

that may be due to allion users never complaining about them considering resale.

And allions are not cars that are usually well maintained so it's risky with CVT,

You're entitled for your opinion but at least I wouldn't generalize like that :D

Who says A18 is faster than FD1 ? Only advantage of A18 may be fuel.

I have tested acceleration of an FD1 under hard throttle and although I have not driven A18, I have extensive experience driving a different Toyota car with CVT. Based on those two experiences I have a sneaky feeling that A18 would at least be faster to 100kph. (FD1 is only 4hp higher than A18. A18 is lighter of the two too)

Apart from fuel consumption, I find the interior quality, refinement and space as advantages of Allion.

Stafford quotes 6.5kmpl upwards for FD1 in traffic. Staffords marketing staff is reputed for quoting very pessimistic fuel figures so reality should be better. But don't expect any closer to Toyota's with VVTi/CVT.

I suppose the A18 would not do as good as Luxel. My friend's A15(240) returned 9kmpl in traffic, I don't expect A18's figure to be too far from it. From what I heard Luxel(122) would return in excess of 11kmpl in traffic.

Edited by isurujosh